“Another suprise”

Cuisines: American
austin, tx
“Another suprise”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Don't fool by their exterior look. Good pie, chicken noodle, great price and service. I was not crazy about their chicken pot pie other than everything I had were great!

Visited April 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dependable and hearty”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Once in awhile we'll get a craving for some VI. I've been to several in town over the years, and I've hit this one maybe 5 times(?), especially after the smoking ban went into effect in 2007. I like the makeover they've done a couple years ago- the menu now has a bubbly, colorful, retro-inspired feel and colors. Family-friendly atmosphere.

The host and the server last night were both uber-friendly, personable, and prompt. Then again, I've never had otherwise at any VI, which is pretty great when you consider that I've had mediocre experiences at more higher-end restaurants. And our server had no problem when we split one entree (we already had dinner but were still slightly hungry) even though it meant the bill would be smaller. And when I accidentally left my cell phone behind, 10 minutes later they recognized me and gave it back to me from their lost & found bin. Overall, service has never been slow for me, but then again I avoid ALL VI's and IHOPs etc on Sunday (church) mornings...

The food at this location, which I usually get breakfast items no matter what time of day, has always been consistent and they dish out plenty. Pancakes, crepes, skillets taste fresh and come out at the right temperatures. Eggs can be cooked any which way (but my least favorite is their scrambled eggs). Appetizer onion rings have always looked a little too perfect (pre-made frozen, most likely), but hey, the texture is fine and they always come out in a hot, enormous mound. Though their pies aren't the best I've ever had, they're still good.

Dependable - food and value is as expected!

• Visited November 2012
Millbrae, California
“This Village Inn is fresh and the team is great!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The furnishings were sparkling new when we ate there in July, 2012.
I do not know when this unit opened, but it is clean and well-maintained.
We arrived after midnight and everything was clean and the wait staff greeted us with smiles.
They were preparing for their nightly cleaning and close, but treated us well.
They had several large groups, but handled the situation well.
The meal prices were reasonable.
The Breakfast Burrito was recommended.
When it came we were shocked it was so large and yummy.
Great place for a midnight snack.

• Visited July 2012