“not what it used to be”
Review of 3 Margaritas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
3 Margaritas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I most recently visited the widefield location. was greeted nicely and given a friendly good bye. everything in between was mediocre. the sever was a bit brusque and while she was not unfriendly per se .. every initiative (i.e. asking for desert) had to come from us . nothing was offered. 'salsa' was shocking .. basically just tomato paste. rice just bad ... tiny, tiny portion of beans scraped onto the plate so thin that you could see the plate's design through it. chili Colorado edible but very unspecial. this chain used to be quite decent .. now , sadly , the only thing memorable is the hefty price tag. after this week's experience, I think I am done with 3 marg. for that kind of cash , I can eat food I actually enjoy - with pleasant service - elsewhere.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

When we first moved to Colorado Springs, many years ago, the 3 Margaritas was a pretty good Mexican restaurant. They expanded to other locations and with the expansion, the quality of the food has declined badly. The last time we were ate at one of their restaurants, it was at a new one in Monument. It was mediocre, at best. And that's stretching it some. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a shame, but they are no longer as good as they once were.

1  Thank Amylis52
Reviewed November 27, 2013

After spending an afternoon at Rocky Mountain National Park we stopped in at the chain restaurant- 3 Margaritas. By car -It was almost impossible to get in or out of this place- The restaurant was almost empty at 6 p.m.- but the Broncos were playing- The greeters acknowledged us and seated us immediately and salsa and chips were on the table before I could take my coat off- In fact I had to leave it on during the entire meal as it was freezing. Our server was not very friendly nor organized- The beer was icy cold and the shaker of margarita was good. - but always too much ice which dilutes the drink. There is an enormous menu- they need to get a better photographer or eliminate the pictures - they are a turn off. The salsa was runny and had a smoky taste - not what I am used to -My chicken fajita arrived with tiny flour tortilla wraps instead of the medium -large size that makes it possible to put anything inside.Because I had told the server I did not want onions in my chicken he withheld the pico de gallo without asking me- he was not pleased when I asked for it. The chicken was well seasoned but unevenly cut to say the least- it was not sizzling - there was a generous amount of peppers that were unevenly cut as well - this actually impacts the flavor and texture. I asked for a larger tortilla and the server explained there would be an extra charge- I asked for a salad instead of the dreaded mess of re-fried beans and old cold rice - it came - iceberg lettuce chopped with no dressing - lying flat on the plate - insipid.My companion ordered a pork burrito and chili relleno - It was huge and topped with rich sour cream and guacamole. He enjoyed it and said the flavor was good- The chile had an extremely hot sauce on it and to me it resembled vomit. As always no coffee or dessert was offered. We asked for a doggy bag and he arrived with one that was big enough for a chiwawa- we asked for another and he vanished for about 10 minutes. The best part of the meal was the sour cream. I often wonder about the pricing of fajitas- they must be the Mexican sister to the grilled cheese- A meal that gives the kitchen the best food cost ratio. For 14 dollars you get at best one chicken breast and peppers- and a very small portion of garnish - Compared to the prices of other meals - I think it is far too expensive. 3 Sisters offered up a very mediocre Mexican meal. To make it worse- the Broncos lost.

2  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went in at 130 on Saturday afternoon did not have to wait, service was great. Love the atmosphere, great color in tables and chairs, art work was fun.
Chips were warm, crisp, and tasty. Salsa was nice. Food was plenty for the price. Refried beans little bland. A few of the Onions & bell peppers were cut in 1/2 inch chunks, but the fork made quick work of that.
I do like my Mexican food a little spicier, but this is a chain restaurant. Two of us ate for 20 and wre full, with a box to go.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Bleckhhh. Onion and cheese enchiladas with raw 1/2 inch cubes or pungent onion, baby food style beef enchilada, mild salsa is raw tomatoes, hot sauce is just fire. Even the rice was bad. How do you do that? Just in town for the day but that meal will live in infamy.