“Big Portions, Love Sitting Outside”

Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,457 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 26th & 27th Streets
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I love Greek food, so hit Jake and Tellys. The menu was missing some of my Greek favorites, and there seemed to be some Italian dishes mixed in - but still very good.

The portions were big. And the waitress very nice and she really knew the menu, and made some good recommendations of what to order.

The outside seating area is beautiful in warmer weather.

A little higher in price, but worth it.

There are newer reviews for Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I admit that we did not expect to walk into a Greek restaurant in Old Colorado Town and feel as if we were in a taverna somewhere in Greece, and not in a tourist taverna. The food is excellent and authentic (and we have been to Greece close to a dozen times, and have the good fortune to have Greek friends at home cook for us). We tried the mixed mezze so that we could try a variety of things and were very happy with the choice. It is not all that common that everything on a plate with eight or nine items is above average. Wines by the glass are generous pours (and there are several very good Greek wines), and there is a good selection of Colorado brews. Service was professional and friendly.

The restaurant is on the second floor, and there is outside seating so you can people-watch and enjoy the air. We sat inside for the more comfortable chairs.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Based on a top recommendation from Don at Old Town GuestHouse, I went to Jake & Telly's for dinner and had one of the great meals and fun times I've had alone in quite awhile, possibly ever. The serving staff was extraordinary, a reflection of Jake's personality, passion and rapport with his staff. The Greek-style calamari to start was just like it's served in Greece and tasted amazing. The albacore tuna entree' sent chills through my taste buds, while filling me up. I was on a 24 high after my culinary experience there and can absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend this place if you do not eat another meal in Old Colorado City. Period.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a lovely place to eat. Everything is made very well, there's a great wine list and a wide choice of Greek speciaities on the menu. In addition, West Colorado Street has a lot of interesting shops and galleries. The avgolememo soup was flavoured with dill and that was a very good idea. The grape leaves were enormous. Unlike other places where the meat is incidental to the rice here the reverse was served. For a twist have the baklava with apricot, it isn't a lot of apricot but it was different and very good. In tourist season or on the weekends reservations are probably a good idea. Lastly, you won't hear the music from Zorba the Greek but you will current Greek pop.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Sat on the patio with family for dinner. We were served pitas and olive oil to start. I ordered a Santorini splash martini made with ouzo. I had no idea ouzo tastes like licorice which i really dont care for. They were happy to bring me another drink and made sure I liked it. I had the lamb ribs with mashed potatoes. They were the lamb recommendation of the server. They were very tasty and there was more than enough for me. My husband had the bone in pork loin. Also tasty but a little over cooked. We were way too full for dessert but we got baklava cheesecake. It was a unique blend of the two desserts. The waitress said it was made in house. The patio seating was great for a Colorado evening. Overall good experience, entrees are mostly $15+.