“Not Good!!!”

Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 26th & 27th Streets
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Med Cafe downtown beats this place hands down in terms of value and flavor!! The stuffed gyros looked like shoe leather wrapped around some feta and veggies. The hummus pita has very little dry hummus!! Just not good at all for $35 (without alcohol)!!!

1  Thank satteje

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was visiting Colorado Springs on business and wanted Mediterranean food and ended up selecting Jake and Telly's on a Friday night. I knew must have chosen the right spot when I walked in and the friendly greater informed me that they were completely booked with reservations for the night. She offered me a seat at the bar where they also serve the full menu. I was by myself so I took her up on the offer.

Sterling the bartender was very friendly and welcoming. He was very busy but always remained friendly and provided great service throughout the evening. I was amazed at the options on the menu and finally decided that I wanted to have a mix of flavors that evening so I ordered the mixed appetizer plate and a small Greek salad for my meal.

They brought out a basket of warm pita bread while I was waiting for my dinner along with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My salad appeared shortly after I ordered and it looked amazing. The bed of mix lettuce greens was surrounded by fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and two different types of olives. On top of the salad was the most amazing "slab" of feta cheese that I have seen on a Greek salad. The cheese was delicious and was a great touch instead of already having it broken up into the salad.

The appetizer platter was amazing as well. The humus was delicious, it was not thinned out with olive oil and was full of a variety of flavors. The Gyro meat was well seasoned and tasted great with the Tzatziki. I was also pleasantly surprised by their Greek meatball which the lightly cover with a lamb tomato sauce. The plate also included more fresh pita, a mixed olive selection and three dolma rolls.

Sitting at the bar I had a chance to meet Jake briefly and he was very pleasant and welcoming. We had a nice conversation about the health benefits of eating Mediterranean food.

It was a wonderful evening and the food was simply amazing. I highly recommend Jake and Telly's if you are wanting a great culinary experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Where to even start for the praise for Jake & Telly's. My husband and I went here for his birthday dinner and we both really love good Greek food so we had pretty high expectations. We were not disappointed! We started off with a sampler platter that had humus, tzatziki,dolmodakia, gyro meat, meatballs in a lamb sauce, assorted olives, feta and pita. There was nothing on this plate that wasn't just wonderful. The dolmodakias were delicious, and firm, they were really stuffed with the rice not just halfway like we have had other places. The tzatziki was really really good, you could tell that it was homemade and made with greek yogurt and not sour cream. It was all wonderful. My husband had the roasted lamb and I had the chicken with capers. Both were absolutely perfect! The way the colors on the plate of chicken just popped made it so appealing to the eye as well as tasting great. The lamb was just fantastic, my husband ate more than he had room for just because it was so good! We will be going back here again and again. So glad that we gave this place a try and found a wonderful date night restaraunt.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Being from Chicago...where you can't help but stumble upon excellent Greek restaurants in every neighborhood...we truly had high hopes for Jake and Telly's.....but sadly, just can't recommend....

We have had gyro platters all over the country...but the one here is simply baffling....way way too thick slabs of meat (really almost the thickness of a McDonalds burger)... rather than shaved thin off the spit....and flavor just lacking depth...kinda tough too...worst we've ever had..

Pasta with Greek meatballs....pasta seemingly right out of the box from Safeway...meatballs rather dry and one note flavor

Lamb Shank...nice enough piece of meat...tender...but again, very shallow flavor..

Add in the fact that this is the most expensive Greek restaurant we've been to....really can't justify giving it any more chances..

That all being said, staff is nothing short of lovely....pleasant bar area to have a drink (albeit again, at Mid-Town Manhattan prices for Martinis)...and a great deck.....we WILL continue to patronize as a bar primarily...

1  Thank Ydap123
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I liked that we were able to sit and watch the outside traffic in Old Colorado City. The food is fun and we usually split a sampler platter. I feel like you can get the most out of all the fun foods to try.