“Best French Onion Soup” 5 of 5 stars

LA Baguette - Old Colorado City
Ranked #22 of 1,351 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best French Onion Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place is known for its French onion soup and the reputation is well deserved. The breads are wonderful and the in-house bakery makes it possible to take these treats home.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NancyExplores

Minneapolis
“Yummmmmmmmm!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped in on the spur of the moment. Immediately charmed by the pastry counter. Ordered an apple croissant, a cream cheese croissant, a lemon bar, and a baguette loaf. All were wonderful. We were wishing we had come at lunchtime, because the menu had a lot of interesting choices.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Table for one, please. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely perfect. In taking a day for myself, I decided to have lunch alone: just me and my book. I searched restaurants in my area and read a few reviews for La Baguette. One reviewer raved about the chicken salad sandwich and that sounded good to me. When ordering, I asked about the soup of the day-- a French corn chowder. The young lady at the register kindly offered to let me sample it before I committed to a full bowl. To me, that's going above and beyond! I ordered the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant with a bowl of the soup and am enjoying both while reading my book at a quaint window table. This establishment is great for a table of one, but I wouldn't mind bringing my family either. Do give them a try!

3 Thank Rlmendieta
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was excited to try the French onion soup but it was disappointing to see and to eat. I will never eat here again

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Waimea, Hawaii
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We drove through Old Colorado City after visiting one of the best off-leash dog parks EVER (Bear Creek). Neither of us wanted a full-fledged, sit-down dinner experience while the dog waited in the car. Stumbled upon La Baguette Cafe --it did the trick. I had their Butternut Squash ravioli with a side spinach salad and my daughter had the tortellini --both served with crusty french bread. Both entries were under $9.00. Totally exceeded my expectations. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere pleasant, clean restroom.

• Visited June 2014