“Best French Onion Soup”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best French Onion Soup”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place is known for its French onion soup and the reputation is well deserved. The breads are wonderful and the in-house bakery makes it possible to take these treats home.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NancyExplores

Minnesota
“Yummmmmmmmm!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped in on the spur of the moment. Immediately charmed by the pastry counter. Ordered an apple croissant, a cream cheese croissant, a lemon bar, and a baguette loaf. All were wonderful. We were wishing we had come at lunchtime, because the menu had a lot of interesting choices.

• Visited July 2014
“Table for one, please. ”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely perfect. In taking a day for myself, I decided to have lunch alone: just me and my book. I searched restaurants in my area and read a few reviews for La Baguette. One reviewer raved about the chicken salad sandwich and that sounded good to me. When ordering, I asked about the soup of the day-- a French corn chowder. The young lady at the register kindly offered to let me sample it before I committed to a full bowl. To me, that's going above and beyond! I ordered the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant with a bowl of the soup and am enjoying both while reading my book at a quaint window table. This establishment is great for a table of one, but I wouldn't mind bringing my family either. Do give them a try!

3 Thank Rlmendieta
“Awful”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was excited to try the French onion soup but it was disappointing to see and to eat. I will never eat here again

• Visited July 2014
Waimea, Hawaii
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We drove through Old Colorado City after visiting one of the best off-leash dog parks EVER (Bear Creek). Neither of us wanted a full-fledged, sit-down dinner experience while the dog waited in the car. Stumbled upon La Baguette Cafe --it did the trick. I had their Butternut Squash ravioli with a side spinach salad and my daughter had the tortellini --both served with crusty french bread. Both entries were under $9.00. Totally exceeded my expectations. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere pleasant, clean restroom.

• Visited June 2014