“Best Chinese food in Colorado Springs”

Coal Mine Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #217 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese food in Colorado Springs”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I found the food to be excellent, I have tried about 2 dozen places in Colorado Springs and there food happens to be by far the best I have tried and some extremely fresh ingredients hot and delicious. The atmosphere almost gives off a feel like it might be a front for some other operation. But I will continue to go there for a long time. My biggest complaint would be that they don't provide free soda refills.

• Visited June 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Treated like Chinese Dog”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have patronized the 8th street establishment for years, and though the food is marginal at times the lunch buffet is not too bad for the price. I recently went the to have lunch for my birthday and half way through my first plate I had to visit their restroom (which has always been less than clean). When i returned to my table a few minutes later my table had been cleaned off. Finally asking a couple of the wait people about this, one of the owners finally came by and said to just get more food. Having been a somewhat regular customer this way annoying to me that he wasn't at all apologetic that in the middle of my meal I could just start anew. Having lost my appetite because of this, I went to pay my bill and told them I was not happy about my experience at lunch. He was not apologetic at all nor even offer a discounted lunch since I only had part of my meal. I told him I probably would not be back, to which he replied that they didn't need my business. After eating there for years, it hurt me that they didn't value me as repeat customer what so ever. Bad birthday experience, would not recommend to anyone. Ultimate Buffet's food is much better, better service, and many more choices

• Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Did this place change owners?”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We used to order Coal Mine quite often, however it's just not good at all anymore. The sesame chicken used to have a good sauce with it, and now it's watered down, and tasteless. Mongolian beef chicken with garlic sauce tastes like fish, and you get approx. 20% meat and the rest water chestnuts. Not that the soup is any better, but they even stopped delivering soup. My wife, and other family members have all agreed that we'd rather drive to pick up food from someplace else in order to get better quality food. Don't waste your time.

• Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, very good prices, HUGE portions”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went twice for dinner in the last two months and enjoyed both times. HUGE portions, even on the combo dinner (soup, cheese wonton, egg roll, main course). So far everything has been good, my favorite being the kung pao chicken. Very good mu shu as well. Service was very efficient and nice. Like another reviewer, soup came out luke-warm on one occasion (but not the other)... sent it back without a problem and it came back quickly. Outside looks a little run-down, but inside in surprisingly nice. No, it's not 5-star NY or SF level, but it may be our new go to for Chinese food in the Springs..

• Visited January 2014
Los Altos, California
“Nice place for take out”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is on the way home and always a good place to bring home dinner from. I've had better chinese food, and certainly have had worse food.

Visited November 2013