“I can see why the burrito is famous!”
Review of King's Chef Diner

King's Chef Diner
Ranked #10 of 1,457 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 11, 2014

There famous breakfast burrito deserves its reputation! Big enough to fill you up, filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns and who knows what other goodness. The best is the green chili sauce that is on top. Will definitely wake you up with its tangy and spicy amazing flavor. Coffee was great, atmosphere funky, service was wonderful. Wish it weren't so far away!

There are newer reviews for King's Chef Diner

Reviewed June 30, 2014

What's better than gravy and green chile at breakfast??? A lot of it. King Chef has great food and specialty items such as the Grump. A great find in Colorado Springs downtown dining.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We found this diner heaven early on after re-locating here. We have great experiences, the breakfast is great. Best of all are the burgers; juicy, BIG, and loaded. Put that with a seat outside to enjoy the human zoo, it don't get any better. Re-locating soon to Greeley but we'll make the trip back about once a month. Check this place out if you're near the Springs, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Randal M
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Opted to head here instead of the budget hotel breakfast buffet. Best decision all day! This highly rated diner is on a corner in downtown C-Springs next to a park (Acacia?). Not much to look at from the outside, but expansive and inviting, with a tablespoon of funky once inside. Egg scramble for the daughter and the breakfast burrito for me, smothered in the house Green Chili of course. My rather selective daughter cleaned her plate, but I couldn't quite finish mine, only due to the bulk of the serving. The two waitresses were more than attentive, making this a grade A breakfast (it was actually noon by the time we made it in) experience. not to be missed if you like a somewhat rustic and funky spot.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Members of my party had visited the location on Costilla Street many years ago. We decided to meet at the Bijou and Nevada location yesterday for a later breakfast. We got seated immediately and the host explained a little about the menu. We were warned in advance about the portion sizes. They were not kidding! These portions-for everything-are huge. You can choose a 1/2 or 1/4 order for some of the special entrees. My Mom ordered 1/4 of "the thing." Don't ask me what it was-it looked terrible. However, my Mom says it was delicious. She couldn't even finish half of it. The rest of my party had french toast and basic egg, hash brown, and toast breakfast. This was equally as large and they said good. When I ordered the breakfast sandwich, I asked for an egg white instead of eggs. I was rudely informed that they don't "have" egg whites. What? They have eggs but no egg whites? Ok. So I am in a diner and just went with it. They DO have the option for a "fakie" instead of regular sausage. And, cheese with a choice of bread. The sandwich was huge and greasy and good! I was stuffed. The service was just ok. I already mentioned the attitude about the egg whites. Then, I had to ask for water 2 times before I got it. However, our food came out very quickly. Also, this place does not except anything but cash. So, be prepared! This might also be the reason the prices are so low. For 5 adults the bill was only $47 before tip. Overall, if you are really hungry and ok with diner food and diner service, this is a good option.

1  Thank COMom45