“Quirky but Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I didn't know what to expect from the outside (pink and purple castle) but it was recommended by many TA contributors and reviewed by Food Network...the place is very small (we were eating at the original location), maybe 12 stools; but we were able to easily find a place to sit - regulars moved over for my group (3). We went after the morning rush about 9:30 and got to hang out and talk with others as well as Dollar (Bill), who I think is the manager. Two of us ordered THE THING and it was filling and perfect for breakfast! We each only ordered 1/4 size and it was more than enough for us. However, many entrees come in full plates, 1/2 plates and 1/4. Just writing this review now makes me want another serving of THE THING. Since we were from out of town, Dollar was able to share with us some ideas of hikes and things to see and do. Everyone in the place was nice! We're glad we went and I was trying to find another time to go at the end of the trip but didn't find the time...We enjoyed the quirky exterior as well as the interior, but it may not be "formal" enough for others. It has a unique personality. If I'm back in Colorado Springs, I'll be heading to this diner.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I went to King Chef today and had the best breakfast that Colorado Springs has to offer. I just moved to Colorado Springs and went looking for a great breakfast. After many dissapointing breakfast attempts around the city I found king chef. WOW, finally reall fresh food that ROCKS! The staff was friendly and courteous.

LOVE KING CHEF - YOU GUYS ROCK

1  Thank MIKEP462
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I went to King's Chef Diner on a recommendation from my sister. GOOD - Parking was easy to find, service was fast and attentive, portions were large and tasty. BAD - the menu was small (but I guess it's better to do a few things right than doing everything wrong). Overall, it's a great place if you want large portions of tasty food in a low key atmosphere.

2  Thank eggroll82
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I really enjoyed the food at King's Chef Diner. I had the breakfast burrito smothered in chili, and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS and FILLING. I'm over 6 feet tall and weigh over 200 pounds and I was filled up by it. The service was GREAT, the waitresses call you by name and my drink was never more than half empty. They only accept cash, but do have an ATM on site.

The only negative (which I'm sure many consider a positive) was the loud music they have pumping in, which makes conversation difficult. However, even my old-lady mom who HATES loud music still was really happy with the place because the food was so good. Strongly recommend!

2  Thank fishernaut
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The menu looked very interesting, and the diner were enjoying the creations but I don't like breakfast with Mexican flair and unusal toppings. Consequently I didn't appreciate the menu.
It was a cute diner.