“They do what they do very well”
Review of Sandy's Restaurant

Sandy's Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 1,453 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our first time there. Zero on the fancy scale but 90 on the down home scale. We went for breakfast; eggs, sausage, pancake, corned beef hash, hashbrowns, toast(home made bread), coffee, juice and a cinnamon roll for about $20. A real bargain for the quantity and quality. And the service was just as good. Fast and friendly. We didn't check the washroom so have nothing to report on that.

There are newer reviews for Sandy's Restaurant

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have drove past Sandy's many time and each time we said, "they are always busy, they must be good". Finally we made it in they are not open for dinner, so that can challenge us on weekdays. We finally made it into eat and felt like we were back home. It has the feel of a small town cafe, with farmers, truckers, and locals all enjoying a cafe style meal. And the food, wow! The portions are huge and you will not leave hungry! The food is priced very well and the service is great. The staff is friendly and helpful! Word of warning, bring cash! (this also reminds me of the small town feel). They do not take credit or debit cards, but there is an ATM in the building.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place offers great home cooked meals & great service! You won't be disappointed! We have enjoyed it every time we have ate there.

1  Thank saosassy
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I drive by Sandy's almost every work day, so it was with a little guilt that I finally stepped in for the first time. It's a little hole in the wall diner... so it was near perfect! Portions are HUGE, and the food, though nothing fancy, is tasty. Although it was still bustling on a Saturday late morning with the staff scurrying around the tables, they were smiling and friendly and quick to deliver our dishes. I ordered a half order of omelette (so 3 eggs, not 6), and replaced my toast with one delicious pancake. Food was really good and hearty, and I ALMOST cleaned my plate. Darn good value.

That morning I saw a mix of locals, truckers, military, and families.

The cons: women's toilet wasn't flushing properly, so someone else's mess was already in it. Multiple flushings later, about 10% of the stuff remained. Also, they don't take credit cards, but there is an ATM inside.

If you're looking for an east-side local breakfast & lunch diner, this is it!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

From outside looking in, is an old house standing all by itself. As you go in, you’ll feel lost because you open the door and bang! It’s an open room with tables & chairs. We stayed at the door for a minute not knowing whether we had to wait or find a seat ourselves – find a seat yourself. One of the first things I do is wash my hands after touching the menu and placing my order. I’m not sure what I was expecting but the bathroom sink have NOT been cleaned in a VERY long…..time! And then, NO paper towel!! Who knows when was the last time that it was refilled!! Does the staff wash their hands after using the bathroom???? One of the persons in my party asked me (after coming back from the bathroom) how was the bathroom, I reply “use hand sanitizer instead”

1  Thank LittleMsJulie