“Wonderful Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mountain Shadows Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 1,403 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boulder, Colorado
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Wow, we stumbled onto this gem today for a late breakfast. The food was exceptional and very reasonable. One of the best breakfasts I have had in the US! We were served by a very pleasant and efficient woman who couldn't be nicer. I had an omelet covered with green chili sauce that was incredible. The hash browns were not greasy or overcooked but just the right amount of crispiness to make them delectable. I wish I lived closer, I would be there at least once a week, but you can believe I will make a point to go anytime I am anywhere nearby. YUM!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank docBoulder

Westminster
“Wonderful breakfast place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We discovered this cute home/restaurant on the internet and decided to give it a try. The breakfast was delicious. I got the pancakes and a side of green chili to enjoy and my husband got the huge blueberry pancake. Our table got silent as we enjoyed our meal. We were glad we arrived when we did because it got packed pretty quickly.

I love that this will be a place to bring friends or have a quiet meal. The staff is friendly and they cooperate well together to ensure I had refills and everything in a timely manner.

• Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great breakfast! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I went recently for an easy breakfast. The food was good, fast and the service was friendly and prompt. Great place for a breakfast burrito.

“Fill your gut at this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

$3.99 all you can eat biscuits and gravy (Wednesdays)? Yes, please! And the green chili is excellent, regardless of what you put it on. Service was terrific--these are good, down-home type folk, and exactly the type of small business that deserves to be successful.

• Visited November 2013
Colorado
“Chicken Fried Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently had the Chicken Fried Steak and it was amazing. It's a great deal, and if this dinner doesn't fill you up, I don't know what will. This is one of those dishes that I try at every restaurant I go to, and this one is very near the top of that extensive list, so well done Mountain Shadows. I have reviewed this place before, and wasn't blown away that time, but I feel an update is in order since this time I was.

• Visited September 2013