I have in the past had great food and service at this restaurant, but this last Sunday was a huge disappointment. I took some friends in for lunch and after being seated a young lady came through and took our drink order. Once we had our drinks it was almost 15 minutes before our server came to take our order. One of my friends ordered the Philly Cheese Steak and French Onion Soup the other ordered a Ruben and a Salad. When our food arrived the Philly was some dry, unseasoned beef and cheese, no onions, no peppers. The soup tasted like bad table wine with onions in it. The worst though was the salad and the Ruben, the burger patty on the sandwich had started to turn and you could not only smell it but taste it was bad. The salad had slimy, rotten spinach leaves in it that were plain to see, yet it was brought to the table anyways.
Now, when we brought this to our servers attention he offered to bring a new salad but said that no one else had complained about the hamburger. He said that others had the soup and the Philly and had not complained either. When both of them made it clear they would not eat it he did offer to bring them something else. One decided on hash browns with green chili and the other just a cup of green chili. When the bill came, we were being charged for the original bad meals as well as the replacements. When we asked to speak to the manager we were very shocked to learn that our server was actually the owner of the restaurant. He advised that it is their policy that you pay for what you order. When I mentioned that it didn't seem right to pay for food that was rotten he said "fine let me adjust it". When he returned with the bill he had removed the the original meals but had charged more for the replacement meals. He charged us $5.89 for hash browns with green chili and $5.89 for a cup a green chili both of which were under $3 according to the menu.
The owner seemed unconcerned with the fact that the food he served to us could have caused food poisoning. He also seems to be of the idea that the customer should just eat what they are given, like it or not. I have never had someone care so little about their customer, especially not at this restaurant. Myself and my friends will never go back, even though they do have great pancakes and green chili. However, if you do decide to eat here, either stick to the pancakes and green chili or eat with caution. I would hate to see anyone suffer from food poisoning or worse.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.