“breakfast in Old Colorado City area”

Mountain Shadows Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had breakfast here following morning hiking. All four in our party were happy with their meals, very good, large portions, nice outdoor patio area in a quaint area of old houses converted into businesses.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped in for lunch with the kids. Converted house into a restaurant feel. Nice outdoor seating area (we sat inside). Our waitress was very friendly and energetic. I had to order the green chili after reading a couple of reviews here...the chili was great but I was surprised how little came in the bowl. I had a good four spoonfuls and it was gone. Everyone enjoyed their food though with me getting the reuben and everyone else having salads.
The only thing that bothered me about this place is the fly strip full of flies hanging over a table out in the closed-in porch area. Maybe this is just a problem for me but I really don't think fly strips belong anywhere in a restaurant and especially hanging over a table. Just something about dead bugs dangling over my food.
I would definitely go here again (just as long as I can pick my table).

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the biscuit and gravy topped with two eggs and a sausage patty--huge portions! It came with a side of hashbrowns--nothing too special.

Yummy food, good prices and great service. Can't ask for anything else!

1  Thank DeeMc1211
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate at Mountain Shadows twice, sitting on the patio both times. The service was friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent. The first time I had the breakfast burrito for dinner. It is smothered in their green chili sauce, which is spicy and flavorful. I liked it so much that the second time I asked for a side of the sauce to put on my Mountain Man sandwich, which is an open-faced sandwich with roast beef, bacon, mushrooms, onions, and cheese on crispy french bread. My kids found things they liked on the menu too, and everyone was very happy. We were too full to try the dessert, but it looked wonderful.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The other Trip Advisor reviews were right on about this place! My 11 year old had the special - kids cheeseburger, side, and drink for $5. It was a sizeable burger for the price and the quality was the same as the burger I ordered. Tender beef on a hot grilled bun. The bun tasted super fresh. I ordered the "sloppy" burger. I wasn't sure about having the homemade green chili on top of my fries, but OMG was it good.

The table next to us ordered a giant cinnamon roll as an appetizer because they had heard about it from some friends. It looked like enough for about four people to share. I'm pretty sure I'll have to bring my son back to try it before we fly out. If this was our hometown, Mountain Shadows would be on the regular rotation of favorites for sure.