“Switching over to more local beers”
Review of Old Chicago - CLOSED

Old Chicago
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Food is fine here, nothing spectacular, nothing too bad. Calzones tend to be my food of choice when I go. Great beer selection that has just moved away from more world beers and toward more Colorado beers... good move!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stopped for some take out pizza here after a long day of adventuring in and around the springs. The pizza was overly crispy and not so tasty. The staff was friendly, though!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Co-worker and I visited in mid-afternoon on Monday, April 22nd. There were only a couple of tables occupied - we chose to sit in the bar where there were no other guests (we wanted to watch some sports while eating). Service was poor. We ordered pretzels and were informed by the waiter that those would take a while as they were made fresh - no problem. My co-worker ordered soup and I ordered a salad. 10+ minutes went by and my co-worker got his soup but I did not get my salad. After 10 more minutes (co-worker had finished his soup), I went back to the kitchen myself to check on my salad as there were not staff in sight. Saw everyone gathered in the kitchen - laughing and having conversation. I opened the door and asked about the salad and my waiter said he was waiting on the pretzels and both would be right out. They were delivered shortly. My co-worker and I have had the pretzels at other Old Chicago restaurants - these were not up to standards..overcooked and very small. I had ordered and individual pizza with hand tossed crust. The pizza was blah - unappealing, greasy, 'wet' crust - I ate some of the topping and left the rest. While in general I would recommend Old Chicago, I would most definitely NOT recommend this particular restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been to this restaurant / pub multiple times. We go there to enjoy microbrew beers and decent food. Our latest visit showed us how the lack of quality wait staff can ruin a night. Our waitress was unaware of what microbrews were available that day. She went back and asked. She returned with "its a Leprachaun something that sounds awful". We asked what type of beer it was. She did not know. We requested a taste and she said ok. She returned with a taste which we actually decided to buy. We then ordered two sandwiches. She "forgot" twice to bring the table some ketchup which was requested. She explained that her memory was bad that day. She then forgot to bring the desert that came with our meal. THis waitress knew nothing about beer, seemed uninterested in learning, and should work at McDonalds rather than Old C's.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last December a group of us went out to dinner to celebrate our last dinner before my husband and I went on vacation and Old Chicago seems to be a place where a group of people could hang out and laugh. But the two times (I have been to 2 different Old Chicago, here in Colorado) I have visited Old Chicago I haven’t care for their food.

1  Thank LittleMsJulie