“Yum”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

While visiting Colorado Springs, Outback Steakhouse was in walking distance of our hotel, Embassy Suites. We had the best waiter, the food was great! Our waiter got us everything we need! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Colorado Springs. Very clean !

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

They can't cook steak nor do I think they know how to cut, weight, or even identify what different kind of steaks there are. That odd them claim to be a steak house. Potato soup sucks. Steak is chewy. Desserts is mostly whipped creme. Awful place.

1  Thank Rhonda A
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ordered from Outback for the first time in a year and were reminded why it had been so long. we received no bread. the steaks were mildly warm and the potatoes were cold. My wife is a celiac and ordered from the Gluten Free menu, and low and behold, nothing was marked GF so we had to call the store to verify which one was hers. they had no clue and did not have the decency to mark the food accordingly, so we went up to speak with the manager whose response was essentially, "ill make a note of that" and ushered my wife out the door. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Find another Outback or another steak restaurant and save yourself the pain of dealing with incompetent employees and a staff that just doesn't seem to care about their product or the well being of their patrons.

For the price you pay, the level of service and quality of product that is absolutely not worth it. your better off with a steak fajita from taco bell.

horrible food, horrible experience, the only reason I am giving them 1 star is because I have to. otherwise, they would get 0 stars

2  Thank Cassie a
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have enjoyed the Outback for years. I used to love their steaks and in recent years became a huge fan of the Hearts of Gold Mahi. Lately though the quality and experience has gone downhill.

The bread is amazingly good when it's hot, but really chewy and dry when it's served cold, as it was tonight. When I have ordered the Hearts of Gold Mahi in the past, it was served with a light, lemon-butter sauce that soaked into the sun-dried tomatoes causing them to soften up and taste amazing. Tonight, at first glance, I thought they had made a mistake and melted mozzarella cheese on my fish. The "sauce" was a dollop of thick, lemon-ish tasting glop. Almost like a hollandaise sauce but still too thick. My dinner was edible but not what I was expecting based on past experience and the picture and description on the menu. Not horrible, but different from what I am used to, and heavier than I like. I won't order this dish again which is disappointing because I don't always enjoy their steaks anymore, either. I used to love this restaurant, but now I feel like I am overpaying for a so-so meal.

On a positive note, the service was good and the atmosphere enjoyable. My mother loved the French onion soup.

1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were looking forward to our dinner because the last time we went to OutBack it was great but not this time. Maybe it was because the location was different. The last time we went it was in Anchorage Alaska and it was great. This time we went to a location in Colorado Springs and it was not even close to being as good. The Steaks we had were over done and the bread was hard and chewy like it was microwaved to long and the garlic mashed potatoes were cold. We went at 8:40 and found out they closed at 9:30 while we were eating dinner because I asked the waiter what time they closed because we were feeling rushed. That also explains the poor quality of food. If we knew they were closing at 9:30 we would of went somewhere else but most restaurants are open until at least 10pm.