“Mark A "Service is Not Their Fortay"”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #192 of 1,558 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ordered from Outback for the first time in a year and were reminded why it had been so long. we received no bread. the steaks were mildly warm and the potatoes were cold. My wife is a celiac and ordered from the Gluten Free menu, and low and behold, nothing was marked GF so we had to call the store to verify which one was hers. they had no clue and did not have the decency to mark the food accordingly, so we went up to speak with the manager whose response was essentially, "ill make a note of that" and ushered my wife out the door. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Find another Outback or another steak restaurant and save yourself the pain of dealing with incompetent employees and a staff that just doesn't seem to care about their product or the well being of their patrons.

For the price you pay, the level of service and quality of product that is absolutely not worth it. your better off with a steak fajita from taco bell.

horrible food, horrible experience, the only reason I am giving them 1 star is because I have to. otherwise, they would get 0 stars

2  Thank Cassie a

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have enjoyed the Outback for years. I used to love their steaks and in recent years became a huge fan of the Hearts of Gold Mahi. Lately though the quality and experience has gone downhill.

The bread is amazingly good when it's hot, but really chewy and dry when it's served cold, as it was tonight. When I have ordered the Hearts of Gold Mahi in the past, it was served with a light, lemon-butter sauce that soaked into the sun-dried tomatoes causing them to soften up and taste amazing. Tonight, at first glance, I thought they had made a mistake and melted mozzarella cheese on my fish. The "sauce" was a dollop of thick, lemon-ish tasting glop. Almost like a hollandaise sauce but still too thick. My dinner was edible but not what I was expecting based on past experience and the picture and description on the menu. Not horrible, but different from what I am used to, and heavier than I like. I won't order this dish again which is disappointing because I don't always enjoy their steaks anymore, either. I used to love this restaurant, but now I feel like I am overpaying for a so-so meal.

On a positive note, the service was good and the atmosphere enjoyable. My mother loved the French onion soup.

1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were looking forward to our dinner because the last time we went to OutBack it was great but not this time. Maybe it was because the location was different. The last time we went it was in Anchorage Alaska and it was great. This time we went to a location in Colorado Springs and it was not even close to being as good. The Steaks we had were over done and the bread was hard and chewy like it was microwaved to long and the garlic mashed potatoes were cold. We went at 8:40 and found out they closed at 9:30 while we were eating dinner because I asked the waiter what time they closed because we were feeling rushed. That also explains the poor quality of food. If we knew they were closing at 9:30 we would of went somewhere else but most restaurants are open until at least 10pm.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The "Barbie" chicken was just okay, baby back ribs were very good but the waitress, Kaley, was excellent. Very attentive, good selling skills and, not as important but still a fact, very cute.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Ordered a $23.00 8 oz Victoria's filet (med rare) - my husband ordered a 6 oz $10.99 sirloin (rare). They brought the orders to the table. They sit a 3 inch high filet of beef in front of him, cooked rare. They sit a pancake steak (about 3/4 inch thick - about 6 oz) in front of me - cooked well done. I stopped the wait person. I pointed out that what was in front of me was NOT a Victoria's filet. He gave some mumbo-jumbo excuse about "it doesn't look the same all the time". For $23.00, it better look at least like a piece of filet. Obviously, they had switched the steak orders - and given my husband the filet and they gave me the sirloin. When I pointed it out - they should have corrected the situation immediately. Instead, they focused on the fact that it was cooked wrong and offered to bring another steak, cooked med rare, to me. I thought, "Okay, they're going to now cook a piece of filet, as I ordered, and bring it to me." The waiter says the manager is going to oversee the cooking of the steak. She comes to the table and I don't want a free dessert, a free glass of wine, or anything else - I just want a Victoria's 8 oz filet cooked medium rare. The waiter shows back up at the table with a pancake steak again! This time cooked medium. No rare, no pink. I tell them it's not a filet - he gives me the mumbo-jumbo condescending, patronizing - "It looks different every time" speech. So I said, I'm not interested in eating this - box it and I'll take it home. Because I wanted to weigh it. It obviously was NOT 8 oz - even as the wrong cut of beef. When weighed at home it was 5.3 oz. of steak. The manager running this restaurant obviously has a real problem with how to treat customers when THE RESTAURANT screws up an order. It was excuses, bad execution, and non-delivery of specifics on their menu. The wrong cut of beef for BOTH our orders - but my husband was happy as a clam (who wouldn't be? A $23.00 filet instead of an $11 sirloin?). My order cooked incorrectly TWICE. My order NOT even weighing close to 8 oz. I would label this 'dishonest', to be polite. I'm a cook. I know a sirloin from a filet from a New York Strip from a Rib eye. They don't. And then they don't even know how to cook the wrong cut of beef! We have been to this very restaurant many times in the past and this level of service and quality of food is unacceptable in the extreme and a shock to us. This dinner was my first outing in 3 weeks after being confined to home with a broken ankle. Granted, I was dressed in my 'good' sweats (that's all that will fit over the cast) and on my little knee scooter - and I think they were highly offended at that. They equated it with stupidity, I think. We will not be spending any more money at Outback Steakhouse ANY WHERE. If that's how they teach their management and wait staff to 'cover' a mistake they've made, instead of correcting a mistake they've made, they are low on my list of ethical businesses to do business with. Too many other choices out there to waste time and money here.

3  Thank Babblin-on