“Okay food, excellent waitress”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #195 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The "Barbie" chicken was just okay, baby back ribs were very good but the waitress, Kaley, was excellent. Very attentive, good selling skills and, not as important but still a fact, very cute.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Ordered a $23.00 8 oz Victoria's filet (med rare) - my husband ordered a 6 oz $10.99 sirloin (rare). They brought the orders to the table. They sit a 3 inch high filet of beef in front of him, cooked rare. They sit a pancake steak (about 3/4 inch thick - about 6 oz) in front of me - cooked well done. I stopped the wait person. I pointed out that what was in front of me was NOT a Victoria's filet. He gave some mumbo-jumbo excuse about "it doesn't look the same all the time". For $23.00, it better look at least like a piece of filet. Obviously, they had switched the steak orders - and given my husband the filet and they gave me the sirloin. When I pointed it out - they should have corrected the situation immediately. Instead, they focused on the fact that it was cooked wrong and offered to bring another steak, cooked med rare, to me. I thought, "Okay, they're going to now cook a piece of filet, as I ordered, and bring it to me." The waiter says the manager is going to oversee the cooking of the steak. She comes to the table and I don't want a free dessert, a free glass of wine, or anything else - I just want a Victoria's 8 oz filet cooked medium rare. The waiter shows back up at the table with a pancake steak again! This time cooked medium. No rare, no pink. I tell them it's not a filet - he gives me the mumbo-jumbo condescending, patronizing - "It looks different every time" speech. So I said, I'm not interested in eating this - box it and I'll take it home. Because I wanted to weigh it. It obviously was NOT 8 oz - even as the wrong cut of beef. When weighed at home it was 5.3 oz. of steak. The manager running this restaurant obviously has a real problem with how to treat customers when THE RESTAURANT screws up an order. It was excuses, bad execution, and non-delivery of specifics on their menu. The wrong cut of beef for BOTH our orders - but my husband was happy as a clam (who wouldn't be? A $23.00 filet instead of an $11 sirloin?). My order cooked incorrectly TWICE. My order NOT even weighing close to 8 oz. I would label this 'dishonest', to be polite. I'm a cook. I know a sirloin from a filet from a New York Strip from a Rib eye. They don't. And then they don't even know how to cook the wrong cut of beef! We have been to this very restaurant many times in the past and this level of service and quality of food is unacceptable in the extreme and a shock to us. This dinner was my first outing in 3 weeks after being confined to home with a broken ankle. Granted, I was dressed in my 'good' sweats (that's all that will fit over the cast) and on my little knee scooter - and I think they were highly offended at that. They equated it with stupidity, I think. We will not be spending any more money at Outback Steakhouse ANY WHERE. If that's how they teach their management and wait staff to 'cover' a mistake they've made, instead of correcting a mistake they've made, they are low on my list of ethical businesses to do business with. Too many other choices out there to waste time and money here.

3  Thank Babblin-on
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Outback! All 16 of us were impressed with the level of service, the menu, and the food was delicious! Thank you for all of us!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Someone gave us a gift card to Outback. The food is consistent, the service is very good. The food can't or in a timely manner, cooked to order. They had some college football games on. Overall a good place to have dinneror watch the game.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food left alot to be desired! The steak ordered by one of the people in our party was way overpriced for the quality.