“Wonderful meal”

Walter's Bistro
Ranked #117 of 1,420 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 115-Nevada Ave.
Clearwater, Florida, USA
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best meal we had in Colorado Springs. Just around the corner from the Broadmoor. Foie Gras was better than we've had in France. Excellent service and great atmosphere.

Visited August 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The location is buried in a strip mall. They take your coat from you. You definitely need a reservation because its packed every night. The staff and customers are very snobbish and appear affluent. The appetizers are pretty pricey I had a butternut squash soup and a lobster bisque. Both were really good. I am a steak kind of lady and was expecting better cuts of meat. Anyways the steak was "meh" at best. It took a long time to get my food. I only got 1 refill for my diet coke. We only got 2 entrees and 2 appetizers and right there was 100$ down the drain. It wasn't worth it.

• Visited March 2014
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Odd location but good food”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I found the location of this higher end restaurant odd since it is in the corner of a strip mall. I will say, however, if you could overlook the fact you are just outside a parking lot while sitting in their outside seating...the view of the mountains beyond the parking lot is spectacular.

The food was very good. We had been referred to this restaurant by another couple who was also staying at the Broadmoor resort. They suggested we try the lamb chops. For the price, I was not particularly impressed. I was, however, very impressed with the scallops. They were some of the best I had ever had. The lobster bisque was also very good. If I lived in the area I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Dinner at the Bistro”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Consistently good food and service. Walter himself is a reminder of just what European grace and charm is all about.

• Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A nice dining spot for lunch”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went for lunch and the menu had lots of variety. My mussels in a creamy garlic sauce were very good. Another person had the fish tacos made with tilapia that she said was delicious. The club sandwich did not have fresh roasted turkey. The turkey looked like it had been sliced from a processed round loaf. Not what I'd expect from Walter's. The lobster bisque had a delicious flavor, but had to be sent back to be heated. There were no lobster pieces in the bisque and for $10 I'd expect to see some shreds of lobster. The service was good and it was nice to have linen cloths and napkins for lunch.

• Visited May 2014