“Family friendly”
Review of Bambino's Pizzeria & Sports - CLOSED

Bambino's Pizzeria & Sports
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Thank you for a magical evening with my family. Not very often that we get together and not have to cook or clean up. Would have enjoyed the buffet however we were a day early BUT the kids ate free! Food was so yummy sampled several plates including the calamari appetizer, chicken Alfredo pizza and a pesto pasta WOW. Looking forward to trying the prosciutto (sp) chicken on my next visit. Enjoyed a semi sweet glass of Bellagio Chianti could have ordered a bottle for myself. Great time and our server Chad was spot on. Keep up the excellent service! Looking forward to return visit!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I ask myself why? The food is great and so is the service. They have a good sandwich menu for lunch. I will be back.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband has been wanting to try this place for three years now, so we finally decided to give it a try. All you can eat buffet for 7.99 sounded like a great deal with all the positive comments about it here on TA.

Well, I suppose if you enjoy the Pizza Hut buffet then this is a small step up. Sure they had several varieties of pizza, mostly greasy and a little soggy, some with undercooked dough. The salad bar selections were not impressive, there were two soup choices (minestrone and Thai chicken rice), a few pasta selections (buttered spaghetti noodles with optional clam sauce, bowtie cream pasta, and a tomato based penne), garlic bread, cinnamon bread sticks, and a few fruit pizzas (apple, cherry, blueberry).
I tried a little bit of everything, and I mean a very little bit because the idea of stuffing myself with mediocre food was not worth it to me. I have eaten pizza around the world, even worked at a Pizza Hut back in the day when the dough was made fresh every morning! To this day I still love my pizza but I was NOT impressed by the buffet at all and would not eat it again.

I did peruse the menu and could only imagine it tasting like what was on the bar.
Save yourself the 7.99 and try another place, this one was not very good.

The view is great and the staff is quite nice and attentive but I kept wishing I had tried the Short-Stop burger joint in my view (in the same lot).

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Our favorite menu item here is the deep dish pizza. The complimentary garlic foccacia they bring you comes to the table piping hot, and so delicious! The atmosphere isn't anything to write home about, but the pizza brings us back every couple of months when we get a taste for it.

1  Thank PattyM63
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We used to go to Bambinos all the times and then we moved to another part of town and haven't been to Bambinos in about a decade. We were in that part of town last Friday and decided to have dinner there. I'd forgotten how gorgeous the view of Pikes Peak is from this 2nd floor restaurant. We were there at sunset and it was so beautiful - we're planning to go back again just for that. The restaurant is independently owned and has good service - it feels like a neighborhood restaurant should. We were seated quickly and were served a beautiful piece of warm bread with herbed oil to enjoy while looking over the menu. My husband and I each ordered a 1/2 calzone with 1 trip through the salad bar. The salad bar is basic but sufficient and a nice way to start the meal, especially since the calzones take a little while to bake. The calzone has a beautiful golden crust and was very tasty. It was a lot of food and so we each took home half to enjoy the next day. Our half-calzones were about $9.95 each, one trip through the salad bar was $3.50 per person, and our iced teas were (I think) $1.50 each. There were a lot of after-work diners and families there. The sports bar section is walled off so it was not noisy - the dining room is cute with paper place mats of Italy, grape vines, etc. - like I said, a nice neighborhood Italian cafe.