“Love their Gyros”

Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #303 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 9, 2014

As a local I try to eat at locally owned restaurants.This is one of my top three that I go to.They are open Monday - Saturday closed on Sundays. When I am in the mood for a gyro I go here. I always get their Vegan which has hummus, marinated veggies, mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts and tabouli on it. Sometimes I will get a side of french fries with that. This is a small restaurant with no outdoor seating, but I try to sit by the window and people watch.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Really good meal, friendly service, they answered my questions with out making me feel dumb and good prices. I'm a meat eater, but I always get the falafel gyro

1  Thank Stephan R
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had the chicken pita and my husband had the gyro--both were really delicious. Great grilled flavor to the chicken. We split a marinated veggie salad and that was only so-so, not a lot of flavor to it. My husband also got the baklava and so of course, I obligated to have a bite. It was also scrumptious and not as sickeningly sweet as others I've had--you could actually enjoy this without getting a toothache.

Portions were generous without being overboard. Service was very quick so great if you need to get in and out for lunch. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Mediterrian Cafe is a little locals favorite. I eat there probably once a week. Its on a one way street, so hit Kiowa from Tejon and drive East. Its a funky little place where the employees look a little "hippie" for lack of a better term. Its not fancy at all. You line up at the register and by your delights...but the food rocks.

The shwarma is the BEST in Colorado period. The tilapia is excellent and the tartar sauce they use on the tilapia pita is tart and tangy. Their tzatziki sauce is the BEST in the world maybe. I have had worse in the mediterranean lol.

The gyro salad is probably my go to dish. Tons of excellent shwarma, noodles, greens, mushrooms, feta...just excellent. Buy the 50 cents worth of extra tzatziki you will want it.

Use one for the shwarma and the other for the baked pita bread on the side.

The gyro and fries is never a disappointment.

A true little locals place. I hope not too many tourist have the guts to find and try because I don't want the line to get bigger, but I like this place enough it was unfair not to review them.

2  Thank CreagP
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We ate here twice during our recent stay in Colorado Springs, because the food was that good. The restaurant is a little cramped, and the staff isn't over-friendly, but the gyro salad was amazing.

2  Thank Arlo89