“Popular Brewing Company with good food, average beer”

Phantom Canyon Brewing Co
Ranked #10 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cascade Avenue
Transit: Closest bus stop is the terminal, located on Nevada Ave. and Kiowa St.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I brought our visiting son and daughter-in-law to Phantom Canyon for lunch. We had noticed how popular this place was and we thought it would be a great place to bring our son because, being a home brewer, he would enjoy one of Colorado Springs' local breweries. We all ordered sandwiches from the very eclectic menu. But more importantly, we ordered beer. My son and I ordered a couple of stouts. While the food was good, and everyone was pleased with their choices, the stout was barely drinkable. In fact, my son told the waiter that it was the worst stout he had ever drank. We finished up our meal by leaving almost full glasses of beer. Probably won't be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Then go here. Great brews (we had the full sampler) and affordable, delicious food. Service was excellent. We loved the atmosphere, too. Go there.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Beer cheese soup was Ah-mazing! Seriously the best I've ever had. Sat at the bar, service was So-so, but nothing to complain about. Beer was good, slightly on the warm side. Great atmosphere. I would go back for more soup for sure!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I loved the place as soon as I walked in. The Railway Beer was excellent and I understand a house best seller. The food was presented beautifully and I loved the location nestled downtown. I will return.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Mediocre food and slow service unfortunately is what you will find here. The first time our food came out wrong and cold, but the second effort was significantly better. The menu is good. If they could work on their execution then things would vastly improve here.