“Best pizza - ever”

Dining options: Takeout
Henderson, Colorado
“Best pizza - ever”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I'm picky about my pizza and can say this is the best I've ever had. Simple solution for the reviewers who don't care to be in a crowded restaurant with lots of kids (I include myself in this group) - order online or by phone - pull up to the drive thru window in about 25 minutes- get your hot fresh Dion's special, side of ranch dressing and lemonade (absolutely wonderful) handed to you in and go home. Lots of options here but once I tried the Dion's special, I didn't see a reason to try anything else!

• Visited June 2014
667JenniferB, Public Relations Manager at Dion's Pizza, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
We agree, Faith. You can't go wrong with our Special. We look forward to seeing you the next time you cruise through our pick-up window.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“NM's best pizza is now in CO!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Dion's pizzas are legendary! We are so happy they're now in COS. We love the Dion's special. Also, try a warmed 17in whole wheat baguette (only $1.60) with a side of Dion's ranch. Heavenly!!! The staff is very helpful. We love everything about this place!

667JenniferB, Public Relations Manager at Dion's Pizza, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
We're so happy to be a part of the Spring community. Thanks for sharing all your great menu tips!

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Yummy Very good pizza”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I recently went here one evening for pizza. Is was very tasty. It was cooked just right. The crust was thick yet light and airy. We got Dion's special and there were a ton of toppings. The service was great! We went around 7pm and there were no kids in site. I would recommend this to my friends!

667JenniferB, Public Relations Manager at Dion's Pizza, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for the kind words, Jon. Our Dion's Special is tough to beat. Try dipping a slice in our Ranch dressing next time.

ColoradoNoodles
“Save Your Time & Money”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I went to Dion's last month based on recommendations from our friends who have eaten at Dion's in other states. We went into the store and were seated at once. I was amazed at how over staffed this restaurant was. I ordered my standard boring pepperoni and my wife order a small veggie pizza. It took a long time for the pizzas to come out. When they arrived both pizzas were under done. The pepperonis on my were soft without crunchy edges and pooled with grease. Some of the veggies on my wife pizza were still cold. The crusts were cool and still doughy. We took our pizzas back and asked that they be finished cooked. The person behind the counter looked at the pizzas and said that they were cooked to Dion's standards. I'm sorry, raw dough and cold toppings is not a pizza standard anywhere.
For what my wife and I got, this pizza was way overpriced. Spend your money more wisely and go to Mollica's or Louie's. You'll get much better pizza and great service.

• Visited January 2014
667JenniferB, Public Relations Manager at Dion's Pizza, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Our sincerest apologies. We'd like to make things right for you. Would you mind sending an email to Sam, our Customer Relations Coordinator, so we can get additional details? He can be reached at shobbs@dions.com. Again, thank you for the feedback, as it helps us to improve.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Do NOT go here!!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had high hopes.

The first time I heard of Dion's everyone was talking about the Dion's special and how it was spicy. And I love spicy food. When I pulled up the parking lot was packed full of cars and I circled around for a minute or so just to wait for a parking space to open up. When I got inside the place was extremely crowded and loud. Kids no older that 6, some were a little older but not many. So you could imagine that there was a lot of screaming going on.

After walking up to the counter to place my order the lady behind the counter seemed very confused and didn't know how to do her job properly. It took me five minutes to have her realize I only wanted a small coke and a medium Dion's special. Worse when I finished ordering I had to stand and wait for a booth to open up so then I could sit down. Took about 10 minutes. At least I had my coke to drink but you had to go back up to the counter for refills. It would be a lot easier if you had the fountain machine out front for public use.

After waiting nearly two hours for my pizza I had to get up and bring my pizza back to the table, and a lady was trying to take MY table so I had to hurry back as fast as I could. The Dion's special was a disappointment, the cheese was burned on the crust and tasted stale, and they were really heavy on the ham and other meats so I had to pick them off. When people say the Dion's special is spicy, don't believe them. The chills probably come from Walmart or Costco. The chills were so weak I could barely tell they were there.

I'm definitely taking my business to Papa Johns, Old Fargos or Pizza Hutt. Dion's Pizza is the worst pizza place in town, never going back ever again and I'm certainly not taking my girlfriend there. I don't know why people like it so much, it's crowded, with a bunch of screaming complaining kids, the service is terrible and the food is disgusting!

• Visited November 2013
667JenniferB, Public Relations Manager at Dion's Pizza, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like we let you down in several areas during your first visit. My sincerest apologies. We'd like to make things right for you. Would you mind sending an email to Sam, our Customer Relations Coordinator, with the date and time of your order as well as any other important details? This will allow us to take care of you immediately. Again, thank you for the time.

Warm regards,