“Best pizza in Colorado!”
Review of Dion's Pizza

Dion's Pizza
Ranked #143 of 1,428 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Florida
“Best pizza in Colorado!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ♥♥♥ Dion's!!! I am originally from Albuquerque, been in Colorado Springs for 7 years nows and when I found out Dion's was opening a place out here I was ecstatic! Before this, the only time I could have Dion's was when I would visit family, but now I can have it anytime I want. Woohoo!

Of all the places they could have picked in Colorado, they chose Colorado Springs, located five minutes from my house. We have been regular customers since the day they opened out here. We were there for the grand opening and recommend this place to everyone we know.

Our favorites are the Dion's special (Pizza with New Mexico green chile, mushrooms, sliced red onions, black olives, Italian sausage, ground beef, smoked ham & pepperoni), Pastrami and provolone sub with Greek dressing and Kooslaw salad, Greek or chicken caesar salad. I haven't had anything I didn't like here, everything is excellent! You can also buy a ball of dough if you want to make your own pizza at home, the crust comes out incredible!

YUM YUM YUM!!!
Best pizza in Colorado, hands down!
THANK YOU DION'S! ☺♥

• Visited February 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderful Albuquerque import!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place was a favorite of mine when we lived in ABQ for 6 years, and I was beyond thrilled when they opened one in Colorado Springs, and on my side of town, too. It's just as yummy as I remembered it, and there is enough variety just in the pizza offerings alone to make most anyone happy. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Pretty good pizza”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We decided for our first trip to Dion's to get a small selection of things. We got a sandwich, pizza, and appetizer. The sandwich was really good. It came on a hoagie style bun that was toasted. The bread was very fresh and really made the sandwich. The pizza took a little time to come out, but they were busy hand tossing them behind the counter. While we enjoyed the pizza, we got one of their specials, which had several toppings and I feel like their pizza would have been better with maybe one topping. More than one topping seemed to take away from the pizza. The setting was nice, I really liked the old-school pizza place feel with the Victorian style lamps. Lots of teenagers were there with friends, which was nice to see too. Good place for dinner with the family, and also a good place for kids to enjoy for a night out.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank SmileyGirl7283
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Chain that feels like a small local pizzaria”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first time trying Dion's though I had read many good reviews of the NM chain. I wasn't blown away but Dion's was solidly good food. It reminded me of the small, family-run pizza places from my hometown. Their menu is somewhat varied with pizza, salad, and sandwich offerings. The newly built facility is really beautiful, inviting, and clean- the staff is doing a great job of keeping up with everything. The employees were all extremely friendly and upbeat which added a nice welcoming touch. We tried a Margherita pizza, which was slightly greasy. However the crust was perfect- somewhere between NYC thin and chain-store thick. The toppings and cheese were really delicious, even better than they looked. I was given a side of their NM green chile to sample. I ate it with the crust which was a nice touch, however I would have preferred it warmed up a bit. It was spicy but not overwhelming. The price for the meal was very reasonable especially for the amount of food we received. Definitely a place worthy of a second visit!

• Visited January 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
“Legend Opens in Springs”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Finally the famous Dion's Pizza, originally from Albuquerque NM, has come to Colorado Springs. I visited the restaurant shortly after its opening in December and was not disappointed. The real test of this restaurant is the cheese pizza which you can buy by the slice. Marvelous. I also sampled a grilled ham and cheese sub sandwich and a caesar salad and both were terrific. Nice portion sizes, fresh ingredients and friendly wait staff. Don't forget to take home a box of holiday cookies!

• Visited December 2012