“Very tasty Italian food. Disliked that our server was a smoker. P.U.”
Review of La Bella Vita

La Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,494 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garden of the Gods/I 25
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I tried this back in December and enjoyed the food. I ordered the eggplant parm and my husband ordered the chicken marsala. Both were great. My eggplant had a homemade sauce on it that was a little bitter for my taste. I'm from the east coast where eggplant parm is a staple on most restaurant menus so my bar is set very high with this dish. It was good but not out of this world excellent.

We ordered cannolis for dessert and they were fantastic. Thumbs up for dessert.

The only negative I can say about this place is that our server is a smoker and every time he leaned over our table to serve us he smelled disgusting and it turned my stomach. So to me that slightly ruined our dining experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

La Bella Vita is the latest moniker over the door of a restaurant location that has twice failed. Let’s hope the third time’s a charm. The previous owners closed up after losing their liquor license. La Bella Vita sports a spruced up interior and a spruced up menu. Prices are reasonable, especially with the readily available discount coupons, and the food is quite good. The primary constructive criticism I’d offer is that the wait staff was over-eager and still a bit inexperienced, or perhaps a better characterization would be that they were trying too hard. It was clear that they were being trained to provide high-quality service, and I think they have the potential to get there, but for now it was more like a counted out, 1-2-3 choreography. Still, they’re trying, and with the food (and yes, the liquor license), I think this one just might make it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to try this place. The food was awesome. The atmosphere was very nice also. We both had the evening specials. The stuffed salmon with crab was fantastic. The sea bass was also good but a little heavy on the sauce. The salad was fantastic. Some reviews said it was a bit pricey but fresh seafood in Colorado is never cheap. And if it is then it is not fresh. Overall this place was excellent all around. We will be going back again to try other dishes. Would recommend for sure.

1  Thank FamiofSix
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We used to go to the old Antonio's in the same location - this is way better. The food is decidedly better. We also think that the atmosphere is improved. The pasta I had was truly superb. The service was good. The location is OK. You are not going to stroll around here before or after dinner. Overall, I believe this was a good value for the price.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

One can tell La Bella Vita is Italian owned the moment you walk in the door. The search is over! Nothing compares to La Bella Vita! I consider myself a lover of Italian food.
Great food, great service and authentic flavors. Highly recommended. Glad we no longer
need to drive to Denver for phenomenal Italian food. Having lived in Italy, I was looking
for an authentic Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs and I finally found it! This is a real gem.. Italian food.. cooked by Italian chefs... the “real deal”! No need to travel to Italy ... just eat at La Bella Vita! The food is the most authentic in Colorado Springs, by far! The portion size is perfect and and not a load of food on your plate. I've certainly paid more for worse, and never paid less for better.