“Interesting”
Review of Golden Bee

Golden Bee
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Bee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,448 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Golden Bee is famous for freshly prepared pub food, and yards of the finest ales from an extensive collection of English and Irish drafts. Enjoy a hearty selection of snacks, appetizers and the true English tradition of fish and chips, a Reuben sandwich, or a selection of pot pies as lively piano tunes fill the 19th century English Pub. Guests are encouraged to participate in the cheerful atmosphere by joining the nightly Ragtime piano beginning at 7:30 PM and the sing along beginning at 9:30 PM nightly, and proudly wearing their own "Bee's" that change seasonally. Attire: Bermuda length shorts, dressy denim and collared shirts are required. Seasonal sport coat or blazer suggested. Please no athletic wear, sport wear, shorts, pool attire or gentlemen's hats.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I found the fact the servers pelt you with small bee patches amusing but overall I was underwhelmed with the Golden Bee. The gentleman playing the piano had difficulty carrying a tune and the vibe was overly cheesy. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood?

1 Thank jennlarra

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Glad we visited”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hadn't been here in over 10 years, but if there's one piece of advice, get the FRIED PICKLES - yum! Overall, the GB experience deserves 3.5 stars, but I rounded up.

Free parking in the lot across the street. We made reservations for dinner and were able to hang out for the live pianist. My chicken pot pie was hearty, but I've had better - wasn't a fan of the "crust" in the form of a large biscuit just sitting on top of it all. I prefer a more traditional, flaky crust. The husband's fish & chips were really good. I really enjoyed my bee-themed drinks but was overwhelmed by the strength of the husband's gin & tonics. We were both very full and slightly buzzed when we left.

Service was good - our server was friendly and appeared when we needed her. Food came out in a timely fashion and the team seemed to coordinate well. Each table had a basket of pre-packaged crackers for the cheez-whiz-looking "cheese" they proffer to everybody. I noted at least 2 long tables that were put together for groups. Everyone still gets bee stickers thrown at them.

The live piano music does get pretty loud, adding to an upbeat atmosphere, and we saw kids of all ages who were there for dinner. The velvet rope came up sometime after 7PM.

Had a good time and glad I came back to check it out, but there was not really anything about it that will make me rush to return.

• Visited June 2014
Pollock Pines, California
“Bee sure to visit here”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This place is so much fun. You sit in booths and sing at the top of your voices. After 7:30 PM there is a piano player who will play requests. There are song books on all the tables so you can sing along. The wait staff will throw little fabric bees at you and they stick on your clothing. A GREAT place to have a drink, I recommend the Bee Sting.

New Providence, New Jersey
“Good grub”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It's all about the atmosphere here. We went on a Sunday night and were lucky to get a table right away. The piano player Bud, was good and really got the crowd signing. The food was pub fare and pretty good.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Excellent pub food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The fish and chips were excellent! We sat in the outdoor space, which was very nice, but it also looked like there was live music and a fun crowd inside.

Visited July 2013