“Broadmoor Service - and great food/golf”

Broadmoor Golf Club Dining Room & Grill
Ranked #122 of 1,447 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Description: Another wonderful restaurant in the Broadmoor hotel. The "grill" part is really just the patio seating section. The dining room can be casual or more dressy. Food is wonderful. We've had amazing dishes, including elk and antelope. The chef can be very creative!
St. Louis
“Broadmoor Service - and great food/golf”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Attention to the customer experience, free golf clinics are a nice touch and food at the Dining Room is a solid value (carry out to the room is no problem:)

United States
“Traditional golf club setting with great food!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Broadmoor food is delicious wherever you go. This place definitely makes you feel like you are in a traditional suburban country club. Not my taste in decor or setting but beautiful golf course to look at and the service was great. Very nice to be able to go for a meal there without being a "member" and after a tennis game.

Visited July 2014
“Comfortable”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a perfect place to dine al fresco after golf or for lunch. It has a relaxing atmosphere. The food is good, not great. It reminds me of a country club.

Los Angeles, California
“Perfect place to enjoy outdoor dining!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We ate a late lunch on the patio of the Golf Club. Ofcourse the staff was extraordinarily helpful and the food was delicious. Nice views of the golf course but especially nice to enjoy the outdoors on a gorgeous day!

Denver, CO
“If you want to wait on yourself”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The service in this place is AWFUL. We couldn't get anyone's attention to save our lives. We were there at about 2:30pm after golfing (on a Saturday). There were a couple of other tables. We counted 8 different servers during our time there and not one of them actively waited on us. I kept going into the bar to order drinks, ask for menus, beg for someone to take our orders. Each time a server would jump up from where they were sitting socializing and say "I was about to come out". Riiiiiight. We waited at least 20 minutes each time. Inga was hands-down the worst. There were tables out on the patio not cleaned for at least an hour. If you've been to the golf course at the Broadmoor then you know they have a big problem with very large crows who like to scavenge leftovers. The leftover food sitting out didn't make for a nice scene.

The bartender made 1/2 of our drinks incorrectly but insisted they were right. The food was so-so. We only had appetizers because were just weren't going to bus our own food out to the patio. Finally, after waiting over 30 minutes to get our bill we went inside to pay. We were asked "what did you have?" to which we replied honestly and gave them a tally of over $110 in food and 2 appetizers. My husband and I were remarking to each other about how this would be the first time we could remember that we weren't going to leave a tip. The (new, first time I'd seen him) older bartender was very concerned about our poor experience and offered a free round of drinks. We were just ready to leave so we thanked him and politely refused. Honestly he's a gem. I wish I had his name but he should be running the place.

To add insult to injury, we walked all the way to the main front doors of the building about to leave. I heard a call and turned around to see one of the many servers chasing me down. She insisted that there was another round of drinks that we hadn't paid for. Really?? They had no idea what we'd ordered to begin with but then this bill appeared from nowhere. I told her we'd paid what we owed and that if she wanted more money she could have a manager contact us. I don't know if this was a way to make up for the tip that we didn't leave but it felt like an attempt at theft.

Avoid this place. It left a sour note on an otherwise beautiful day on the golf course.

Visited May 2014