“A place that should be tried...”

The Airplane Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One block east of Powers on Fountain Blvd.Adjacent to the Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The restaurant could use an update with the atmosphere, but the food was pretty good. Having the plane built into the building was pretty cool to see and you can eat in the plane or just go up and see it after you eat in the main building. The food is your typical diner food. The staff was friendly and playing into the plane and "flying with them" experience. The sticky fries (sweet potato with honey drizzled on top) were pretty tasty and should definitely be tried.

1  Thank Savvyfox

Reviewed September 17, 2012

After seeing the KC-47 aircraft integrated into the restaurant building, we knew we would be stopping there for lunch. Great airplane decor. Friendly, courteous and competant wait staff. Standard grille food -- burgers, fries and such, but very good. Won't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank zhansman
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant that was made out of an old converted tanker airplane. The food, service and price were all excellant. For someone who likes airplanes the experience is unique.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went here with my inlaws and our 3 kids, ages 8, 6 and 4. We ate lunch in the actual airplane - you can either get a table in the airplane, or in the building that is connected to the plane. Our waitress was very nice. While we waited for our food, the kids played happily in the cockpit of the plane, pushing and pulling all of the buttons and levers. They loved it. There were 7 in our party and we had to sit at 2 separate tables, which were right across the aisle from each other. My only complaints were that the place was not clean - I don't think they ever clean the little platform area between the seat and the window. There was a french fry, a sugar packet and tons of crumbs. Yuck. My other complaint was that my ahi tuna steak and my husband's steak were both definitely over cooked. I ordered the asain salad w/ seared tuna and rather than rare tuna, I got well done tuna. Same thing with my husband's dish. Fortunately the flavor was good. So overall, it was a great restaurant to take the kids to - they keep happy while we wait for the food, and the food was good, but not amazing. I don't know if we would make a special effort to go back here, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit.

1  Thank TravelMore1978
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It is something completely different. Sitting in an old tanker fuselage for dinner... having pretty good food, friendly staff and teh kids a lot to see.
My son is an airplane fan and this place really made our day, having ribs, yummy tuna and excited kids.
The restaurant itself under the wing, not the plane, looks a bit "classic" but that does not matter.
Debbie and her husband did a great job making this place special.