“Great tasting American Grille Food”

The Airplane Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 1,494 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One block east of Powers on Fountain Blvd.Adjacent to the Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After seeing the KC-47 aircraft integrated into the restaurant building, we knew we would be stopping there for lunch. Great airplane decor. Friendly, courteous and competant wait staff. Standard grille food -- burgers, fries and such, but very good. Won't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank zhansman

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant that was made out of an old converted tanker airplane. The food, service and price were all excellant. For someone who likes airplanes the experience is unique.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went here with my inlaws and our 3 kids, ages 8, 6 and 4. We ate lunch in the actual airplane - you can either get a table in the airplane, or in the building that is connected to the plane. Our waitress was very nice. While we waited for our food, the kids played happily in the cockpit of the plane, pushing and pulling all of the buttons and levers. They loved it. There were 7 in our party and we had to sit at 2 separate tables, which were right across the aisle from each other. My only complaints were that the place was not clean - I don't think they ever clean the little platform area between the seat and the window. There was a french fry, a sugar packet and tons of crumbs. Yuck. My other complaint was that my ahi tuna steak and my husband's steak were both definitely over cooked. I ordered the asain salad w/ seared tuna and rather than rare tuna, I got well done tuna. Same thing with my husband's dish. Fortunately the flavor was good. So overall, it was a great restaurant to take the kids to - they keep happy while we wait for the food, and the food was good, but not amazing. I don't know if we would make a special effort to go back here, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit.

1  Thank TravelMore1978
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It is something completely different. Sitting in an old tanker fuselage for dinner... having pretty good food, friendly staff and teh kids a lot to see.
My son is an airplane fan and this place really made our day, having ribs, yummy tuna and excited kids.
The restaurant itself under the wing, not the plane, looks a bit "classic" but that does not matter.
Debbie and her husband did a great job making this place special.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family and I ate at the Airplane Restaurant in August 2012. Our 5 year old son loved the experience. Our 2 year old daughter seemed to like it also, although she was a bit young to fully appreciate the experience. The food is not too expensive, considering the touristy nature of the restaurant. The quality of the food was just OK. Some at our table did not like it, others thought it acceptable, if not special. Because of the setting, if you are in the plane itself, expect a lot of noise. You should also expect a lot of families with children -- just a warning for those who do not like to eat with noisy children. While we were there, the air conditioning in the non-airplane portion of the restaurant did not seem to be working and it was a bit warm, but we were all comfortable dining in the airplane. Your children will love going up to the cock-pit and playing with the controls, although it does seem like a prime area for accidents - e.g., little heads getting knocked by someone aggressively pulling back on the controls, etc. At the end of our meal, I think our children would endorse the experience, while I might endorse grinning and bearing the noise.

2  Thank Lee G