“Awesome Helicopter Ride”

Colorado Vertical Adventures
Ranked #10 of 23 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Colorado Vertical provides scenic air tours of the same scenery that inspired Katherine Bates to pen the words that became the lyrics to "America the Beautiful". Come experience the Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Cripple Creek and more from the air!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Helicopter Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I decided to look into this for me and my husband to do. They actually go us on a ride the same day and it was such an awesome experience! I have a fear of heights and never been on a helicopter so I was a little nervous! However our pilot, Eli was awesome and I'm ready for another helicopter ride!! It was a smooth flight and the views are incredible! Eli and Will were great to work with and can't wait to take another ride with them!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank DanaP125

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Anniversary, 1st Helicopter ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to skip out on the dinner for our anniversary and do something different. She found Will and his company online. It was one of the more brief flight packages that had us fly over to the front range and allowed us to see all the Christmas lights around town, including the Broadmoor and even the zoo. That particular night, it was less than 10 degrees, but the helicopter was heated and kept in great condition, so we didn't notice the cold while flying. Everyone we conversed with were extremely polite and accommodating. Will kept us involved and entertained the whole flight. We will definitely be recommending this to friends and family that live here as well as those that come for a visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mike M
Nakusp, Canada
“first helicopter ride, dan and laura freeman, nakusp,bc,canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

my wife and i were full of trepidation as we arrived at this adventure. we stood by the helicopter as our son took pictures. then we were briefed on safety and strapped in. our pilot,will, spoke to us over the headphones and explained the warmup protocols and then we were off. to our amazement it was a very smooth takeoff, almost like leaving in a car as the light turns green. the whole flight was amazing as we flew over mountains, seeing animals, leaves turning color and the royal gorge bridge. will was very knowledgable about the history of the area and was very personable adding to the enjoyment of the ride. we then were given the dvds of our flight to enjoy over and over again.

Visited September 2013
Willnkristen S, Front Office Manager at Colorado Vertical Adventures, responded to this review, November 12, 2016
So Happy you enjoyed your Flight! Thank you for your nice comment! Hope to see you again!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My folks were visiting from the Uk and I wanted something fun for them to experience and I set up a flight over the Royal Gorge. We were all absolutely delighted, a wonderful trip and are still talking about our great experience.
The Helicopter was clean, tidy and cool with air conditioning and leather seats. We felt totally safe with the ride and expert skill of our pilot who was a great mix of professionalism, fun and information about our tour.
The views were simply magical and the ride took our breath away as we soared and climbed over the gorge and surrounding area. Both my folks and myself had been in a helicopter before but we all agreed this was by far the best experience.
I would heartliy recommend this trip and company to anyone

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ajhc100
The Woodlands, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Twilight Garden of the Gods tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Do it. Plain and simple. Will was my guide and he took us up for a tour of the area right around sunset. The picture opportunities from the air were not that great but no one takes great pictures from 500ft above while going 115mph while it is getting dark! We had some good picture opportunities before taking off and Will explained a lot about the aircraft and area.

It was something that we will remember for quite some time.

Visited December 2012