“Meat lovers paradise”

Ranked #69 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucanos is an experiential dining, family-friendly destination that combines the unique serving style of the traditional Brazilian grilling, referred to as "churrasco" (shoe-HAS-ko) - an exhibition-style meal surrounded by flames and colors, with the flair and festivity of the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. The cuisine features specially seasoned or marinated meats and vegetables (nearly 20 varieties), grilled and then served hot off the skewers at each table until the guest's appetite is fully gratified. Guests will find one-of-a-kind touches at the restaurant abound, including the color-coded, Tucanos Cue. Placing the Tucanos cue green side up lets the entree servers know that guests would like the parade of seasoned meats, vegetables and fresh pineapple brought to the table. Expertly trained meat servers then slice sizzling portions off skewers directly onto diners' plates. Tucanos also offers an abundant and award-winning Salad Festival, featuring more than 70 items.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Unique dining experience. Go to their website for a full description. The meats were excellent - no need to choose just one! But you may have to wait a while until one you really like comes around again. The seafood was only so-so, but the restaurant is known for its meats. Salad bar (which includes side dishes such as potatoes) was extensive. If you came for the meat, avoid filling up on the salad bar! The restaurant is noisy, made even louder with the servers singing happy birthday at other tables. So don't come if you want quiet dining. But DO come if you are with a group and want a party atmosphere.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The food is plentiful, with a huge salad bar and lots of well - seasoned, delicious meats served constantly to our table. Lunch service apparently is short a few varieties of meat served at dinner, but no complaints here. The restaurant is cheerful, bright, fun music in the background, and kudos to the manager - the staff is polite, competent, and fun to interact with. I'll bring the family back again , only this time save room for one of their awesome looking desserts.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is very good, the salad bar and meat rotation are delicious. It is also a great family friendly establishment, my 3 and 5 year old eat free which makes it worth the cost for our meals. They seat people my "sections" and keep a section on a meat rotation. So, they will bring you a whole bunch on meat almost immediately and then the stop. You will see someone about ever 10-15 minutes after that. I am a slow eater and I like to keep my stick on red until I am done with my salad. So, I usually end up missing the meat rotation for our section. I always ask for what I want and it is brought to me but at this type of restaurant, I expect the meat rotation to be constant, no just until they think you should be done.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Arrived on a Friday evening without reservations and got in right away. Was very loud and festive but as we had a member of our party that is hard of hearing that was not such a good thing. We asked to move outside, which was empty because of earlier rains, and were promptly moved. Shortly later a manager came over a stated they were worried about the weather o they found a spot on the other patio that was covered. Everyone from the managers to the waitstaff, to the meat servers went out of their way to insure both moves went smoothly AND all of them kept reassuring our party that it really was no problem (it was totally our fault and was a nuisance).

The salad bar was great - a lot of variety of both hot and cold items. Everything was very fresh. All of the meats we tried were yummy.

It was a little pricy but not horrible. I think you could get a better steak someplace but not a better experience. If you are a little put off by the price try it during lunch.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The salad bar is very expansive and there are a lot of options. The meat is very good but they do not give you very much at a time. The servers were nice but the meat servers acted a little annoyed if you asked them to repeat what the meat was. The quality of the salad bar was average. They had a lot of selections but the quality was not any better than any other salad bars. I would recommend this place if you are a huge meat lover because you do get or can get a lot for your money.