“What a treat ! ! !”

Ranked #78 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucanos is an experiential dining, family-friendly destination that combines the unique serving style of the traditional Brazilian grilling, referred to as "churrasco" (shoe-HAS-ko) - an exhibition-style meal surrounded by flames and colors, with the flair and festivity of the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. The cuisine features specially seasoned or marinated meats and vegetables (nearly 20 varieties), grilled and then served hot off the skewers at each table until the guest's appetite is fully gratified. Guests will find one-of-a-kind touches at the restaurant abound, including the color-coded, Tucanos Cue. Placing the Tucanos cue green side up lets the entree servers know that guests would like the parade of seasoned meats, vegetables and fresh pineapple brought to the table. Expertly trained meat servers then slice sizzling portions off skewers directly onto diners' plates. Tucanos also offers an abundant and award-winning Salad Festival, featuring more than 70 items.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ok, so I read a couple of the poor reviews and all I can say is, 'give me a break'.

We visit Walt Disney World twice a year. Visiting Tucanos reminded us of the festive feel, food and drink we experience when visiting the wonderful restaurants in Downtown Disney and Epcot.

My husband brought me here for my birthday lunch on a Thursday afternoon. Was all you can eat for under $14.

The food was all YUM....

The buffet of hot and cold sides had a large assortment and was deeee-lish.

The meats and fish, many varieties, were ALL juicy, flavorful and tasty!

My cocktail, the Piranha with a double shot, was large and oh-so-good. They gave us the recipe so we can teach the bartenders on our next Disney Cruise how to make it.

The service was outstanding, especially our meat server Nathaniel "Nate". We will be requesting him when we do my sisters deployment party in a few weeks.... obviously we have chosen Tucanos for this important celebration.

For those who prefer the restaurants in Denver and Brazil... all I can say is, make the trips there. As for us, we are delighted to have discovered Tucanos today, in our own city of Colorado Springs.

One minor thing, I would like to see (or hear ;) them change the music. It was too contemporary. Island music would have matched the mood and atmosphere better. The right music, just a touch louder would be perfect!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Certainly a bargain compared to its completion of Brazilian Grill restaurants! $21 verses $40 per person. On its own merits Tucanos has an outstanding salad and soup bar, homemade bread superb, all you could expect. They offer a really fun Brazilian lemonade, can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, lemon, lime, coconut based.
Meets are also good, plenty of variety, and they take requests and are attentive and quick. Service great, nice atmosphere, very busy place! Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Erich M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The meats are delicious, but the star is the awesome salad bar!! So much to choose from. I love that you get to have a variety of meats instead of jjust eating one thing.

1  Thank Teresa I
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went fairly early on a Sat. night and had to wait about an hour. The food is good, the salad bar is terriffic, the atmosphere is similar to Chucky Cheese. The noise level is very high, lots of singing for birthdays and lots of kids running around, bumping into people and tables. Not the place for a special occassion.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went there we my family for my wife and I 20th anniversery. My daughter and son in law have been there before. The place was very bright and airy. Our server was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain to my wife and I what to expect for our dining experience. The salad bar was awesome. Plenty of variety, and all the food looked fresh. The endless parade of people carring screwers of meat and baked pineapple seemed to go on forever! We really had to flip over the little salt shaker sized sign to keep from being overwhelmed with choices. The desert tray should be outlawed! lol! After all that meat it was hard to chose but we managed. All and all it was a lovely experience. Made better by our company.
It is well worth the time and money. I would recommend it to all

1  Thank bigdog51