“Money, it's a gas....”
Review of ANA Money Museum

ANA Money Museum
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This place is not well advertised but a treasure trove (no pun intended) of interesting facts and history. If you are into history or looking at a lot of money, this is the place for you. When we went there was no one there. They had very well done displays showing how money was a big part of the civil war. There is a small entrance fee, but well worth it.

1  Thank majkaos007

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I collect a few coins and love the civil war history. This place also has gold and silver coins from the Bass collection. A must see.

1  Thank hlyness
Reviewed September 10, 2011

...I'm sure you would enjoy this place. I took my two teenage sons, and I daresay, we were pretty bored. There is a small entry fee, but not worth it in our opinions. A few things were kind of interesting...like seeing bills that had been printed incorrectly...but other than that, we didn't stay long and were sorry we wasted our time.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Money Museum was more interesting that I expected. They show how money reflects our history and sometimes changes the course of history. The display cases are very well documented and cared for. You learn why certain coins and very rare and valuable, and how others never gained favor with the public and were discountinued.

One fun display in the lower lever allows you to buy tokens for $1 and ''vote'' on which figures of history were good or bad. There are coins from ancient times and some very rare specimens that are worth a fortune today. The gift shop is small but worth getting a souveneir too. The museum is just a few minutes off of I-25 in Colorado Springs and a visit is worth every penny.

1  Thank Liketojourney
Reviewed August 8, 2010

A hidden treasure in Coloroda Springs. The coins are displayed where they are easy to see and many have interactive descriptions. Lots of interesting historical facts that are relative to the coins. Helpful, friendly staff.

1  Thank OkTexTraveler