“Just Check it Out”

Olympic Training Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center is home to Olympic hopefuls in various sport disciplines. Take the guided walking tour and see the facilities in which athletes train as the aspire to be part of Team USA in the upcoming Olympic Games!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
North Andover, Massachusetts
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Just Check it Out”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place is a cool short trip
You can walk around and learn about how hard people train to be a great olympic athlete
If you're lucky you can watch some famous olympians train!
I just happened to watch the Michael Phelps one day train!

Visited July 2013

Sewell, New Jersey
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“A Very Interesting Tour (for the Right Person)”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've always been curious about where our Olympic athletes train. For my wife and I, it was fascinating to see the various facilities and talk to the athletes as they move about. However, I did see a couple of young kids that were bored and either nagged their parents or kept getting into trouble. For the right person, it will be a different type of tourist venue that will make you appreciate what our athletes do to prepare for the games. I especially liked the gift shop where I got to purchase all sorts of Olympic gear to wear proudly.

Visited July 2013
Placitas, New Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Touring through Colorado Springs”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's really enjoyed the tour here. As much as I love the Olympics, would like to here more about the Paraolympics.

Visited May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Free, did I say free, tour of one if the premier training facilities for our Olympic athletes in a beautiful setting. Excellent video presentation & then a superb guided tour of the facility by a well-trained volunteer guide. Athletes working on their craft, others in the weight room, fascinating. Good for all ages & easy for mobility challenged. Nice gift shop as well.

Visited April 2014
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“This place could be so much better”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I realize the Olympic Training Center runs on donations and also the tours are free, but they need someone who specializes in attractions to come in and create a better, interactive experience for visitors. Our guide knew very little about what was actually going on there (could only name two Olympic athletes who had ever trained there) and offered only high level comments about what our athletes go through while there. He didn't engage our tour group with any questions at all. It's a nice facility but with some simple, low cost additions, this could be a great place to visit. Based on our experience, I'm not sure I would recommend this unless you had nothing else to do in C Springs.

Visited May 2014