“New, Clean & Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #54 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a relatively new Homewood Suites property. It is in great condition. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the showers were good. The pool was clean.

If the location works for you, then I would not hesitate to stay there!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed here while in town for my best friends wedding.

The room was bigger than I thought and the kitchenette was fabulous though we didn't really get a chance to use it.

The complimentary breakfast was ok, but I was really expecting more. I did like the fact that you could take your breakfast up to your room instead of eating it in the dining area though. That was a major plus with me. And don't get me wrong, the food they did have was not bad at all, but I was hoping for a wider variety and bigger portions. The pancakes were the size of chocolote chip cookies. I will say this though, they need to seriously reconsider their brand of coffee. Oi. Not that great.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Homewood suites!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2007

We spent 9 nights at this hotel in June 2007. The location is on the south side of Colorado Springs, and very near the airport. The main reason for the trip was to spend time with some relatives, and we were there a while - - so, having a suite with a living area seperate from the bedroom was very nice. The hotel has free internet hook-ups and there is a nice breakfast each morning. I was surprized by the free suppers (Monday thru Thursday) with beer and wine in included. The rooms were quiet, clean and nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. At first view, you would think that this hotel is a little more expensive, but when you consider the breakfast & supper & living room & internet - - it was very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil E
Reviewed March 29, 2007

This hotel is head and shoulders above most of the competition today - for one reason only. The general manager really, truly cares about what the customer experiences at her property. For that all I can say is BRAVO! Keep it up!

We experienced a minor technical difficulty at check-in, and the nighttime clerk was unable to resolve our problem. I contacted the manager the next day, she said she was sorry, wanted to know the details, wanted to know how she could make things right (we really didn't feel the need for compensation - it was not that big of a deal; we just wanted to bring a matter to her attention).

So, other posters have mentioned the location - and if you have a car, it is NOT a factor. The hotel is about 5 minutes from Academy Blvd (the main street in Colo Springs). If you don't have a car, yes, it is a bit remote. Other than that, I could not find fault with the property - and felt more comfortable and welcome here than at the Homewood Suites in the northern part of the city. Granted, that property has a better location, but is not as clean, and the guests are not made to feel as welcome.

The room was standard issue Homewood - but it was kept clean every day without fail, it was well stocked with towels, dish soap, shampoo and all the amenities. Everything worked, everything appeared clean. I even encountered the housekeeping supervisor in the elevator with her clipboard going to check on the recently vacated rooms.

The breakfast was good, with an acceptable variety of choices. We were unable to partake of the evening meal, but the menu looked appealing.

This is an outstanding choice in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Boeing767
Reviewed December 13, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for a week for work and was very pleased. The suites are comfortable and quiet. The price is good and I enjoyed the breakfast (didn't have the dinner). The staff seemed very nice. Yes, it's out in the boonies, but I needed a good place to sleep, not walk to dinner and dancing. Compared to the Holiday Inn Airport in Colorado Springs, where I was put up the last time I was there - this place if fantastic. The only negative for me compared to that other hotel was that the Homewood Suites did not have as many TV channels to choose from so I couldn't watch Turner Classic Movies - my treat when I stay somewhere with lots of channel choices.

• Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank sea-lon-sf
Reviewed August 10, 2006

Stayed at the Homewood suites CS airport and thought it was great! The price was reasonable booked thru the hotel website and the room was clean, breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and helpful, it is kind of out of the way and not within walking distance of anything but with a car everything is easily reached within a few minutes.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank NYAFguy
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days on a business trip and really enjoyed it. Though the hotel is located near the airport, and my room was on that side of the building, I really didn't hear planes very often like you would think. There is nothing else around, but it is also easy to get to everything from this location with a rental car. The staff was friendly, the food was good at both meals, though the omlettes were very boring. My room was clean when I got there and stayed that way. The fitness room, business center, and laundry were well maintainedI will definately stay here the next time we have to go back to COS.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business