Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #54 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My recent stay at the Homewood Suites in Colorado Springs at the Airport was outstanding! I travel for work and spend alot of time in hotels. This hotel is kept in great shape and up to date. Everything from the flat screen televisions to the enternet conection in the rooms and the wireless connection in the rooms and common areas of the hotel has been great. The only problem I experiencd was a burnt out light bulb. I mentioned it to the desk and before I was finished in the lobby it had already been taken care of. My stay has been enjoyable! The staff and hotel management have been nothing less than wonderful! It has been apparent that their priority is taking care of there guests. I frequent Colorado Springs for work and will return here without question.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark P
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Special thanks for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. The entire staff at the Homewood is so very appreciative for the wonderful feedback you have given the team and the actual hotel. Thanks again for making our day. Please come back soon!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Previous stays at this property have been good, but this time a lot of little things were bothersome. Wake-up call never came. Coffee maker didn't have any brewing instructions (and didn't work anyway!). Toilet seat would not stay up, no matter what I tried. Probably the worst of all: doors (inside and outside) are extremely heavy and have no mechanical assistance, and the parking in front is surfaced in cobblestones, making it extremely difficult to negotiate a trolley. There are, however, some pluses: breakfast is excellent, and Monday through Thursday evenings an excellent light supper (with wine and beer) is served. Location is extremely convenient to the airport, but not much else. Front desk personnel were indifferent. Downtown and the Broadmoor area are a long drive away.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SnowmassCOtraveler

Thanks so much for letting the staff know about the excellent complimentary breakfast buffet and the excellent complimentary light dinner you enjoyed during your stay. I apologize for the missed wake-up call and lack of instructions for the coffee makers. At this time the hotel is replacing those coffee makers and the staff has been reminded of the great importance of scheduling wake up calls correctly. I'm sorry that downtown Colorado Springs was 8 miles away and the Broadmoor 10 miles.
I invite you to stay with us again and to make your reservation with me personally and we will do our best to make it a great stay.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here two nights as it was closer to the location of an event we were attending than the usual choice on the north side of town. We have stayed at numerous Homewood Suites in several states and this one just isn't as good as the others.

The first room had a bathroom fan problem and there was no maintenance staff available to fix it. They did move us to another room.

The location is somewhat isolated without restaurants nearby. In winter it would be a problem to unload the car as there is no covered entrance area at the front door. This is really unusual for a Homewood Suites.

The hotel was generally clean and the breakfast was "ok" but not great as is usually the case at Homewoods.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites at the Colorado Springs Airport..

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I thought this hotel was a little on the fringe of the City. It is near the airport, but I never was disturbed by noise or flight issues. I drove in looking for a place to eat and found very little choice. Maybe I just didn't turn the right way. Dinner option at the hotel was soup and sandwich night. Room was very clean and the normal Homewood Suites appointments. Always a great value for one night, a terrific value if the stay is longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas M
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

The staff and I appreciate the great review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. I’m glad you found the hotel quiet, comfortable and clean. It’s also good news to hear you consider us a terrific value. Thanks again for staying at the Homewood.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very clean and grounds were well kept. It is also close to restuarants. I was a little bummed that they no longer do their own room service (3 rd party brings it in and it was pricy) and the halls were a bit of a maze.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to say such great things about the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. The entire team is very appreciative. All of us hope you return soon.

Director of Sales

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip after previously staying at a Drury Inn in Colorado Springs, to which I wouldn't return. The breakfast was better than other hotels in the area. In my opinion, the evening meal was much better also. The hotel offers access to Bally's gym and is convenient to the airport. The bed was very comfortable which is expected at a Hilton; I need to find out which brand it is...Also, the GM personally responded to my review, which shows that they care about their customer's opinions (Thanks Debra).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

The staff and I thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. I’m so glad you appreciated the breakfast buffet and the light dinner we provide. I hope you will return soon. Now you have received two responses, one from the GM and now one from the director of sales.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

When traveling with the kid, we love Homewood Suites, as we can have our own room and the kid gets his with the foldout couch for the price of a regular room. The COS Airport Homewood Suites was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Aside from the lack of personality from the girl at check-in, the staff was courteous, helpful, and easy to deal with. The temperature of both the pool and hot tub was ideal (not too cold or too hot respectively) and the fitness center had some nice machines. I found the layout sort of inconvenient but overall, we had a great stay.

My one nit, and what's keeping me from giving the fifth star, was that the breakfast and evening meal, while very good, ran out of things. I wouldn't have a problem it if I was going down late but, to walk into breakfast to find them completely out of sweet rolls 15 minutes after they started serving was kind of silly. They also ran out of beer at 5:25 one day (free beer from 5-7?), the room wasn't all that crowded and, rather than make an effort to get out more beer someway, somehow, they just shut down the keg. But the one that killed me was walking down to dinner at 5:10 on hamburger night to find them completely out of mustard packs! Granted, I'm slightly biased, having worked in the restaurant industry for too long but, is it really that hard to empower someone to run to 7-11 and get a couple bottles of mustard rather than just do nothing and go without? It was free so I shouldn't have too much to complain about but it almost became a game to see what they'd run out of next on any given day...

I'd stay at the COS Airport Homewood Suites again in a heartbeat and I look forward to doing so. I just hope next time the person/people who do the ordering and supplying for the breakfast and evening meals get their acts together...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Bill,
Thanks so much for choosing Homewood Suites when you are traveling. I’m delighted to hear you thought the pool and hot tub were perfect. We always have 2 choices of complimentary beer, light and regular, so just in case one type of beer runs out there is always the other. I’m sorry you didn’t like the second choice of beer. The mustard is in stock so please come back and share some with us soon. I look forward to your return.