“Great hotel, would stay again!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We rented 4 rooms (3 one bedrooms and 1 two bedroom suites) while in town visiting family. The breakfast and dinner was a great addition to our stay and the pool was nice in the evenings.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thanks so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites- Colorado Springs Airport. I’m glad that the dinners and the breakfast buffet made the visit to your family easier and more comfortable. I sure hope that you return again!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

When we arrived at the front desk, no staff was around to greet us and check us in. (we found out why the next morning). After some time we were checked in and went to our room which we found to have no towels. We called the front desk and let the phone ring for, no exaggeration , 5 minutes with no answer. Thankfully it wasn’t an emergency. While I took a shower, my traveling companion went downstairs to retrieve some towels. When she got back to the room, her card key didn't work and she had to return to the desk to get a new one. The saga continued the next day when we attempted to check out. No clerk at the front desk again. We went to our car and saw what seemed like the entire staff smoking at the rear entrance of the building! After sometime we settled our bill and told the clerk that my wife had to return to our room to get some items she had left. Her card key didn't work. I have stayed at many Homewood Suites, including the other CO Springs Homewood near the AF Academy and have always had great service, but the service here was so inept is was comical. This hotel may be new, but our stay here was marred by a hotel staff who thought the hotel would run itself while they chained smoked on perpetual break. Management needs get this resolved and to that end, the Hilton Corporation will get a letter shortly. If you show up and get the same initial greeting, move on down the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank turfclan
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you so much for advising us of the staff smoking problems you experienced while staying at the Homewood. I personally apologize for the absence of staff and for any difficulties you may have experienced. Please feel free to call me concerning these problems, 719-622-5482.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at the hotel yet once again and continue to give it good reviews. Still the same great service, great room, and wonderful management and staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve G
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thanks again for staying at the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. The entire team is very appreciative to you for taking the time to let us know about your great stay. All of us thank you and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was the first time I've ever stayed at a Homewood Suites, and I was impressed! The room was reasonably priced (about $80/night), very clean, comfortable, and it was a suite, so I had a kitchenette, living room area, desk, bed, and bathroom area. Also, dinner was included in the price of the room, so I got a homecooked meal out of the deal too! It was only a few minutes from the CoS airport too (very convenient...which is why I chose to stay there). The staff was very friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend this place and I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: They're all pretty awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank werethebrews
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review. The staff read your comments this morning and they were so pleased to hear that you were “impressed”. From all of us at the Homewood Suites COS Airport thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

This property is close to the airport as well as the AFB, so if you have to be on the south end of the Springs, this is a decent location. First choice, the Hilton Garden Inn was booked, so we chose here for this last-minute trip. There is nothing at all within walking distance of this property--no shops or restaurants. Check-in approx 2 pm was w/ a somewhat surly dark-haired woman; seems like she had some issues going on w/kids or grandkids or something that had her distracted. Internet is bad here. They do not have this figured out, which is odd. Long wait for elevator, so best to just walk up the stairs. Smokers hanging out by front door make it hard to avoid smoke when going in and out. "Light dinner" was not appetizing--hamburger patty and instant mashed potatoes w/gravy, and wilted iceberg salad. Not a good option for vegetarians or people who like to eat healthy.They did have plenty of beer on tap.No tub in the suite--just a shower; some other ones may have it. Not an issue for me, but it you want a tub, better ask for it. Kitchennete had dirty dishes in the dishwasher; did not need to use them, but it would have been a hassle if I did. Also, no ice in the freeezer and could not find the ice machine. Turned on ice maker and it eventually made ice.Heating system blew cold and hot air randomly. Not sure why. Heard the people in the room next door as well as the floor below. Breakfast buffet had much better options than dinner.Yogurt, cereal, juices, eggs, etc. This is not a terrible property, but there are so many other options within a mile or 2, I doubt I would return.

Room Tip: Lower floors make wait for elevator less of a problem.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank COGuest
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and will be reviewing the concerns you expressed.

Again thanks for the comments.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Like other Homewoods that I've stayed at, there is a complimentary breakfast each day, and a complimentary dinner Monday through Thursdays. The breakfasts aren't just hardboiled eggs and danish or bagels set out to take on the way to your daily activities (although they're available). It was usually eggs (scrambled, omeltets, etc), bacon/sausage, biscuits and gravy. Fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, etc are also available. If you have family with you, this makes life easier I'm sure.

The staff is attentative and friendly. My big thanks go to the housekeeping staff. I left a couple of articles of clothing in one of the drawers in the bedroom of my suite. I called out and left a message. I didn't hear back so I called the front desk--turns out they had the stuff boxed up and ready to send out in the mail that day.

Only negatives I really have is maintenance requests. The heat in the living room of my suite was malfunctioning--the unit that blew hot or cold air was not receiving the correct inputs from the thermostat. I reported it after a couple of mornings of walking out and the temp was 5 degrees colder than the thermostat setting. They worked on it while I was gone, but unfortunately I walked into a 90 degree room (that's not an exageration) when the thermostat was set to around 75. The remote control to my TV seemed to have dying batteries, and the front desk said someone would replace the remote (instead of switching the batteries) but either they didn't do it or swapped out the remote that was working.

The location is really close to the airport, and they do a great deal of business with personnel on travel to Peterson AFB which is pretty close. Good views of Cheyenne Mountain and Pikes Peak, but a 15 or 20 minute drive to downtown Colorado Springs. There's not any what I would call outstanding restaurants around the hotel--pretty much chain joints--but if you're looking for good, clean, reasonable place to stay and you have access to a car and GPS, it's a good place to base out of to see the local area from Pueblo to Monument.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor near the front of the building. Its closer to the stairwell whic...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thanks so much for writing such an informative review. I am so glad to hear the staff was accommodating and friendly. I agree our suite keepers are first rate! In regards to the maintenance issues, I will make sure that maintenance requests are logged and followed –up and that a note is left in the suite informing the guest the results of maintenance request. This will remedy the situation for future guests. Again I appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel for business several times over the past 3 years and have never been disappointed. The staff is courteous and the manager Debbie has always been more than helpful. The rooms are clean and the hotel amenities have always been great. It's close but not too close to the airport and the newer part of Colorado Springs. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will always make this my first choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side face the mountains and Pikes Peak
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve G
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. I’m glad to hear our staff was courteous. I am especially appreciative for your recommendation of our hotel to other guests coming to Colorado Springs.