“My fiancé and I travel a lot and have...”

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Colorado Springs is home to America’s ONLY mountain zoo. Located at 6,800 feet above sea level, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo offers breathtaking views of the city and of its 750 animals. The unique design of the Zoo’s animal exhibits gets guests closer than ever before. Hand-feed one of the largest reticulated giraffe herds in the world, watch grizzlies swim with trout, hop next to red-necked wallabies and get hands on with some of the Zoo’s smaller residents in The Loft. Have a WILD adventure at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – see the animals, ride an antique carousel, eat a gourmet lunch at the Grizzly Grill and ride the Mountaineer Sky Ride to the Zoo’s summit. Visit 365 days a year for family fun at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Golden, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My fiancé and I travel a lot and have...”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

My fiancé and I travel a lot and have made it our fun little endevor to see the zoo ever place we have to visit. We've seen a lot of zoos all over the world, and this is on our top 3 list for sure! All the animals are interactive and alert, the enclosures are well designed, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and it's small enough to see everyting in about 2 hours while stll having animals we've rarely seen in zoos! Feeding the giraffes is a must, so bring an extra dollar :)

2 Thank nefariousmango

• Polish first
colorado springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“not very kind”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

it is a nice little zoo but an extreme workout especially if you have a stroller.it is all up hill.where i am from in ILL the zoos are free but not here.i didnt too much like thier kindness..i have a sick daughter that has had many kemo and blood transfusions and as long as you show that you stayed in the hospital the denver zoo allows your family too go for free because kids like that can only attend outside atrractions but when i asked cheyenne mountain did they do any thing like that they were very rude and acted like it was a horriblr rediculous request..denver zoo is better anyway and on flat land

3 Thank honestalways
Pueblo, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is my favorite zoo ever!”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is an amazing zoo. It is perched on a hillside with amazing views of the city. The animals are easy to see and their enclosures feel like natural settings. There's a lot of walking, a ton of up and down hill, so you can get your cardio workout in while you are having fun with your kids. Don't miss the bear exhibit. The bears love to swim and interact with the kids by the windows. For the kid, there is a carousel, and a kiddie train, and several play areas. Our favorite attraction would have to be the Giraffe area. You can pet and feed them while watching them at eye level. Don't let the price of this zoo scare you away! It is well worth the money... even better if you live close enough to purchase a membership!!

2 Thank Pueblomomof2
colorado
“Fun for the entire Family!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is wonderful smaller zoo that is great fun for everyone. The giraffes and bears were both huge hits! Many of the exhibits allow you to get very close to the animals, thus making it quite interactive. A few of the exhibits need to be enlarged and updated, but you can tell that many of them are newer and are quite nice. Definitely a fun way to spend an afternoon!

New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I read all the reviews, both positive and negative, but decided to give this zoo the benefit of the doubt and visit myself. I wish I hadn't! I can't get the sight of the poor, crowded animals living in filth out of my mind. How this zoo remains at the #3 spot of destinations in Colorado Springs is beyond me! And the admission price alone should adequately cover the cost of caring for the few animals that are actually housed there. At least half the exhibits were empty the day we were there, which was a lovely, sunny day in early September.
Feeding a few giraffes was NOT worth the price of admission, and I can see beautiful views all over the state of Colorado. I go to a zoo to enjoy the animals.
If you want to see a truly beautiful, well-maintained zoo where the animals are healthy and plentiful, visit the Ft. Worth Zoo in Ft. Worth, Texas. Having been a season pass holder there, maybe I am spoiled, but I expect so much more from a zoo than the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo had to offer. What a shame.

3 Thank CJBNewMexico