Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 4 days ago
Gary C
Houston, Texas
via mobile
A beautiful zoo on a mountain side.

Reviewed 5 days ago
Kathleen M C

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Colorado Springs
from $156.60
from $126.00
from $250.00
from $88.00
4,228 results
All reviews giraffe exhibit sky ride ski lift feed giraffes chair lift grizzly bear eye level tongue mountain side cheyenne mountain great exhibits amazing views elephants lettuce enclosures pet carousel
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My wife loves going to the zoo whenever we travel. I am not a big fan of animals. This was the best and most interactive zoo we have ever been to.

Reviewed 5 days ago

My daughter and her son have season passes to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Since first coming to the Springs about 32 years ago, we have seen this little bitty zoo blossom into a world class attraction in the Pikes Peak Region. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 6 days ago

Very nice Zoo laid out on the mountainside. Feeding of the giraffes are a must and observing some of North Americas wildlife in a mountain setting is really special.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The zoo is nice but be prepared for the walking. As most things around here nothing is level so some up/down hill walking.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Wow...we lived in San Diego and had access to two beautiful zoos and we always visit zoos when we stay in various cities, but this is by far the nicest and most beautiful zoo we have seen. This is a cross between Disney’s animal kingdom and the San Diego zoo. It is hilly, but many zoos seem to be that way. If you have young kiddos you will absolutely need a stroller or wagon. Speaking of kiddos, there are several nicely placed play areas where kids can unwind and run freely. One of the play areas had a mister that we let our kids play in and they got drenched, so bring extra clothes.

There are several activities from feeding chickens, feeding giraffes, merry go round, and sky ride that require extra money, usually cash only. Pay for the sky ride when you pay admission so you save time and money. The top of the sky ride is nothing amazing but my kids liked playing on the climbing wall and having an area to climb on statues and be silly. The giraffes were an absolute favorite. You have to buy lettuce but they give you a ton and they actually gave us some for free while my husband went to the atm...cash only. Nobody stands around dictating behavior or saying you can’t touch the giraffes or managing a queue...but all visitors were respectful and it felt like we were free to explore, pet, kiss, and be in awe of the beautiful giraffes.

We spent most of the day at the zoo and didn’t see everything, but we will 100% be back next time we are in the area. The food was good and there were tons of options with great seating and beautiful views. The ice cream stand serves blue bunny ice cream and it was delicious. I highly recommend spending a wonderful day here, wether or not you have kids, you wont regret your visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I think the best thing I can say about it is that I live inColorado Springs and whenever friends come to town, I don’t come up with some reason not to go because I really like. It’s big enough to have cool variety, yet small enough to not feel rushed to see everything.

Highlight - you’ll remember the garaffe exhibit! What a cool way to interact with a magestic animal!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The experience of feeding the giraffes, riding the carousel and getting to see mountain lions and bears close up in their natural environment is an educational experience for everyone.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This zoo is worth the drive. I've been to zoos all over the country, including the Brookfield Zoo, Denver Zoo, Houston Zoo, and San Diego Zoo, and the Cheyenne Mountain still made an impact! This zoo is so unique and we look forward to every visit! Feeding the giraffes is a must do, and the ski ride up to the top is also amazing - definitely do it!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Title says it all.. With all the technologies of 2018.. Why not watch them in the wild??? All they have to do is set up cameras and you scan through them till you see something..

Reviewed 1 week ago

best zoo in Colorado, Denver Zoo could learn a thing or two from this zoo. Animal exhibits seem to be very nice and clean. No hippos currently as they are building a whole now exhibit for them. Zoo is a good hike and has great view of the animals and city of Colorado Springs.