“I have been to many zoos but this is one of my favorites”

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is America's ONLY mountain zoo. Large alpine habitats are home to over 950 different animals and approximately 180 species. All of your favorites are here - monkeys, hippos, tigers, elephants and bears (oh my!). Hand-feed their large reticulated giraffe herd, and experience animals up-close, like never before.
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I have been to many zoos but this is one of my favorites”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

There were many things at this zoo that made it good. First off you get to hand feed the giraffes i fed them crackers and lettuce be careful because their tongues are long and they will take things that are not for them. Second it is on the side of a mountain and you get a good view of the surrounding area. Third thing that was good was that the staff members were all very nice and answered any question i had. The last thing was that all the animals seem to be cared for and looked happy.

“A "zoorific" surprise!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We hesitated about spending vacation time and money on yet another zoo experience. The kids desire drove us through the front gates. So glad we let It! The contact with the giraffes alone was one the kids will never forget! Pack a good set of hiking boots though. Most of the walk is uphill!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Improved and so much fun”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to the zoo a lot when my kids were little. Haven't gone in ages. All three of my teenagers went recently and had so much fun we bought a family pass. I went recently and couldn't believe the improvements! It was a lot of fun with some great animals and exhibits. They still need to figure something out with the monkey and orangutan exhibits. Maybe that is next on their list. Hot, smelly and not very exciting. But, the rest was wonderful and we would definitely return.

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Feed the giraffes”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This zoo has some really good aspects and some aspects in need of improvement. My daughter contends that the ability to feed the giraffes is worth the price of admission. I'm inclined to agree. I also enjoyed the hippos and the primates. I think the zebras and bears need larger containment areas. It is an interesting location but can be hot in spots. I suggest only taking the sky ride if you really enjoy the ride, itself, because there really is nothing at the top of the ride, except for a wall and a geodesic dome for climbing by kids. When we bought tickets, we were told that there would be shops and snacks available up there but NOTHING was open. We were there in June. Maybe the shops, etc. are open some other time of the year???

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Pet the Giraffes!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was a little skeptical about yet another "local" zoo, but my husband had been there as a kid and wanted to take our kids. Well, it knocked my socks off that you could PET A GIRAFFE! That alone was worth the admission price and the $2 to purchase lettuce to feed the giraffes. Amazing! There is a boardwalk path up at the head-level of the giraffes and you can pet them without any worry. Great photos and the kids loved it. The rest of the zoo is pretty neat-o too, for a smallish zoo they had all the main draws (elephants, zebras, hippos, monkeys). It is on a side of the mountain, so the climb up is steep (but paved). One can take the ski lift thing to the top ($5?), but we walked up after a quick snack/lunch. Recommend it strongly - pet the giraffes!!