Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #30 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Once again Marriott did not disappoint. We stayed here for one night and I have no complaints. This was a last minute booking but we still got a nice quiet top floor room which I requested. We rented a 2 bedroom suite with a fireplace and it was just what we needed. It was very clean and had comfortable beds. The full kitchen was nice for cooking dinner. Our room faced south (I believe) and we could still see the mountains. The pool area looked nice and clean although we did not go swimming. As always we loved the free hot breakfast. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It was an easy drive to the airport when we departed in the morning. Don't hesitate to stay here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We were only here for the night since we were flying out of Denver the next day but were meeting friends for dinner in Colorado Springs. This location is on the northern part of Colorado Springs which makes it more convenient for getting to the airport which is about an hour away. The rooms were clean and the bed is comfortable. They have a continental breakfast and although we didn't get to experience it, we were told when we checked in that they had hamburgers and hot dogs with drinks, etc during the evening hour. The room has a large refrigerator, stove, microwave, etc, but since we were only there as an overnight and got this place on a priceline bid, much of it wasn't needed for us, but would be great for someone spending a bit more time here. We had a king room but many of the rooms were opened in the morning for cleaning by the maid and it looked like they had many different floor plans and types of rooms. I'd certainly not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a franchised Marriott property and does not operate with the same outstanding Marriott customer service as Marriott-owned properties. Over the past 6 or 7 years, when traveling with family and/or my dogs, I stay at Residence Inns and depending upon where I am traveling for work, I also stay at them. This is the first one, I've encountered with less than stellar customer service. I am handicapped and all the other Residence Inns across the country at which I've stayed have ample handicap parking in front of and around the building. When I arrived in the midst of a torrential downpour, there were quite a few cars in front of the building and only 2 handicap spaces - both full. On check-in, I was asked a lot of questions about where I worked (US Army is in my profile and always shows up on my bills) and I had to show my ID since I was TDY. When I was given my keys, I asked if there were additional handicap parking spaces - the guy at the desk had to go ask someone (the general manager I think) if there were because he didn't know. He came back and said there were 2 more out back, but not to worry because one of the folks out front was just unloading - when I left the next morning @ 0400 for the airport that car, nor the one next to it had moved. Actually, there were a total of 3 out back and only one close to the end of the building where my room was located. This is a large hotel and I've stayed at others with this same size and design and they had many more handicap spaces. Also, I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member and I had to ask him if I was receiving points for my stay and that is the first time he acknowledged I was a Platinum Elite member - that is not the Marriott way - they are required to acknowledge their members and their status and refer to you by name the minute you check in. It was the Marriott book that was in my hotel room quite a few years ago that I read from cover to cover that turned me into a Marriott devotee. Their customer service philosophy is amazing; however, I've found that it doesn't always come up to snuff at franchise properties.

The room was nice and quiet and comfortable even though it faced the interstate plus the view across the way of the mountainside and the AF Academy was spectacular even through the fog and periods of rain.

The hotel is 14 miles from COS, but at 0400, it was a quick 28 min drive via backroads (not the interstate) to the airport - imagine it might take longer during rush hour.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Academy have a spectacular view and were quiet.
Green Features: I didn't notice any - no recycling bins in the elevator area and nothing in the room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed one night to see the sights in Colorado Springs. We have a family of 6 and had a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms. We enjoyed the evening meal and there was a basketball court, putting green and tennis courts on site for the kids to burn off some energy. Staff was very attentive and facilities were clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank IowaTravelrUs
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Had a recent 3 night stay, 3rd floor, overlooking the Academy and the mountains. Very nice room as a 1 bedroom, queen bed. Would prefer the Studio King as it has more room. If you need the door to close for a bedroom, then the queen is all they have. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Very convenient if going to the Academy. I used the Denver airport, it's exactly a one hour drive. (Cheaper airfares, C. Springs airport is on south side of town and a 40 min trip...)
All in all, if I come back to the academy, I will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a queen handicapped studio. It was perfect. Large room with full kitchen, living room and bed tucked in at the side. Large bathroom with plenty of space. The room was very clean. I thought the carpet was new. Breakfast was awesome with hot and cold choices. Evening dinner Mon.- Wed. was an added bonus. We first night we had chicken southwest salad . They have a salad bar with about six topping to choose from. Beer, wine, and soft drinks were free. They also had chips and salsa, fruit,and pudding. Next night was Manager's Toast which turned out to be salad bar, meats and cheeses, chips and salsa, crackers, fruit and vegetables tray with dips and brownies. We took chips and salsa back to the room to snack on while watching TV. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank scootergrandma
Phoenix
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel in a large 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. We requested a room on the top floor in a quiet location, and that is exactly what we got. While you could hear some noise from the hallway, it was not enough to be particularly bothersome, especially since both bedrooms are located away from the room’s entry door. This hotel is in a very quiet location and we heard absolutely NO noise from outside of the hotel. While almost all of the suite was very clean, we did have an issue with one of the toilets having a dirty rim, which wasn’t very pleasant. One odd thing that we noted was that there were no luggage racks in the room to set your suitcases on. There really wasn’t a good place to set the suitcases, so we ended up having to place them on the floor. The staff members that we encountered were all friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was very nice with a good variety of items and even two waffle makers! We would definitely consider staying at this hotel again if we find ourselves in Colorado Springs.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple