New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #30 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Superior service at the Residence Inn - Air Force Academy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The management and staff of this hotel went to great lengths to assure our stay met or exceeded our expectations. "Garrett" was personable and went above-and-beyond in assisting with moving us to a room with a view and allowing us to leave a night early due to a schedule change on our end. Sadly I did not get the lady's name that checked us in upon our arrival but she went to great lengths to make sure our room was ready. Will stay again!

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms (I believe) are west-facing with a view of Pikes Peak.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I've been coming here, for business and pleasure, for the last four years. Through two managers and many changes of staff. There is a culture of excellence. All the staff, from the managers to kitchen staff (who are always prepared for my every silly request) are top-notch. If you're in the northern Colorado Springs area, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I had an overnight stay last night at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy location. My room was very cozy and came equipped with a full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave, sofa, recliner and desk, which was very handy as I was visiting Colorado Springs on business. The room was also SPOTLESS! It had to have been the absolute cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. I enjoyed my overnight stay and would not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Kudo's to Amanda at the reservation desk. I was talking with a friend about my room being warm. Amanda came over to me and asked my room number and said she would have someone check it out. The next morning when I came down stairs, Amanda asked me if my room was better. I was stunned. Not only had Amanda went out of her way to make my stay comfortable, but remembering me the next day blew my socks off.

Way to go Amanda!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Irondequoit, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

After driving 3/4 of the way across the country we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The breakfast buffet was very good (waffle maker!), room was spacious and well appointed, and the staff very personable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. From checking in and making sure we had everything including a rollaway. Breakfast in the morning was great. For four of us that alone had to save us over fifty bucks by not going to bkfst and lunch. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is near the North Gate of the USAF Academy, just north of Colorado Springs. When we walked into this Residence Inn on a weekend night just before Christmas what a pleasant feeling the reception and dining area gave us. It was decorated for Christmas with the fireplace mantle, every table and the chandelier all nicely adorned. The service was very good and when we went to our room we were greeted with a MILLION DOLLAR VIEW OF THE FRONT RANGE OF THE ROCKIES. We're looking forward to returning on our next trip back to Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: You will want to face West. Pikes Peak and the Rockies are there. Sorry the photo isn't better...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple