“Great Hotel with wonderful staff, beautiful artwork, and great furnishings”

The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Hotel with wonderful staff, beautiful artwork, and great furnishings”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I happened to come to the Mining Exchange by chance and I was very impressed with Mr. Rob Wagner, the Concierge. I was scouting out a hotel to stay at in the future and this will be the place we intend to stay; the furnishings are absolutely beautiful and the rates were surprising affordable for a hotel of this quality. I felt very comfortable and the hotel has a relationship with the downtown YMCA in order to use their facility (2 blocks away). I was advised they have a military discount and I was surprised at how reasonable it was to park down the block (I believe it is $7.00/ day). In downtown Chicago our parking rates are usually four times this level for a daily rate.

I then happened to visit the Mining Exchange within a short period of time and I was impressed with the friendliness of the front office staff and the hotel assistants at the door; they were very friendly and courteous to me even though I was not currently staying at the hotel (which I will in future trips to Colorado Springs).

This hotel also has a discount for Sam's Club members and a military discount.

In summary this is a great hotel in downtown Colorado Springs and it offers surprisingly reasonable rates for a hotel of this stature and elegance.

They also recommended dining options in the area of Woodland Park where I was staying.

Thank you for your kindness and professionalism and we will be staying at your beautiful hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: very reasonable rates and they offer a military discount as well as a Sam's Club discount.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Lancers2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Is an incredible recently priced hotel located in the heart of Colorado Springs. The lounge on the first floor was a comfortable place to sit and visit. Very decent government rate which I hope they don't change after this review. The rooms are decently sized with beautiful artwork and find granite detail. I will be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VIRme
austinboy
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We were coming back from several days of skiing, has just crossed a dangerous and exhausting pass and needed some rest. We found this on the web, reserved and loved it. First, the price for the quality is a steal. The rooms are big, the double showers are wonderful, the hidden safes everywhere from the mining company this was made from are interesting. The art everywhere is beautiful. The beds are soft. The staff is polite and accommodating. But, if you take the elevator instead of the main stair case, you might miss out. Walk all the way up the main stair case and share what you think!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank austinboy
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We thorough enjoyed it. The only two downsides are : The distance to the parking garage. Loud music from the banquet facility underneath kept us from sleeping on Saturday night. I would never stay on any floor other than a high one again. The chef and sou chef were great in helping us with our son's food allergies. We really appreciated that!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
#11 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#8 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!