“Comfy and Elegant”

Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
New York
“Comfy and Elegant”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed one night for business at the Mining Exchange. It was a great experience. The building is really interesting and has been completely renovated with a nod to its historic roots. There are cool old safes in the halls, turned into housekeeping closets. The lobby is neat - and mellow at night. The people who worked at the hotel were really friendly and capable.

Bed was very comfy and desk in room was great. The internet was reliable, and when I asked them to bring a fridge to my room, they did with no problem. Free water bottles in the room.

The only possible drawback was parking. You have to park in the public spots outside the hotel, on the street. I arrived after the meters were done for the day, but I would imagine you have to feed the meters if you get there earlier.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The last Wyndham I stayed in was Anatole, Dallas but since then it has been acquired by Hilton?
This Wyndham is different. I read the reviews and they were positive. The price was nice, inside the rooms were just nice. Yes and the bathrooms. It was spacious, the beds were big and comfortable. I just loved it. Last time, I stayed at the Broadmoor and did not want to pay that price this time. This was a great alternative. And it was my first time staying at downtown Colorado Springs. I will recommend this hotel very much so. I did have a little issue at the front desk but the manager took care of it right away and listened. I really loved this hotel and did I mention how clean and artsy too. I could have stayed there a whole week. Nice style.

Room Tip: The place is just clean and well managed. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This historic building is absolutely gorgeous! Loved the tall ceilings, the original brick walls and the elegant decor! We stayed just the one night but was lucky enough to check into our room hours ahead of our check in time so we could enjoy it, watching the Denver Bronco game while we relaxed and enjoyed the super quiet room, comfortable sofa and bed! We never heard a peep from the hall or nearby elevator and slept like babies. Even the traffic from Nevada ave. didn't invade our 3rd floor room. I would stay here again anytime I am looking for a Colorado Springs hotel. Compared to others we have stayed in: La Quinta, Antlers, Sheraton, Red Lion Inn, this one was by far the most comfortable and worth the money especially since we had a full 24 hours!

Room Tip: Didn't hear a peep from traffic noise even though our room was on 3rd floor and directly facing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a Wyndham renovated historic hotel in San Antonio in May and that prompted our decision to stay at the Mining Exchange. The facilities are beautifully and thoughtfully renovated. The staff at the Mining Exchange were all extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly. I can't wait to return, and will continue to seek out these special Wyndham properties for vacationing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
#11 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!