The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$159
$189
$161
  • Pool
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$171
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$182
Travelocity
$599
$359
2,018 results
All reviewssprings orleansexposed brickdouble showeroriginal artworkbeignetsdual head showergrand pianovalet servicejunior suiteheart of downtownlobby barceiling fanparking garagerestaurants and barscorner roomcolorado collegewonderful hotel
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I don't normally write reviews of places that I stay at during business travel but I'm making an exception for this awesome hotel. Of course, everything is new which is nice on its own but the rooms are just so well done that I had to comment. High ceilings, ceiling fan, HD widescreen TV, nice bed, good coffee maker and the best hotel bathroom I've ever seen. My only complaint is that my room didn't have a lot of natural lighting so it could have used a little more lighting in the main part of the room (maybe a light with the ceiling fan).

As far as the staff, you can tell they are all excited to be there. I had some free time and the consierge, John, helped me decide what to do (Pike's Peak cog railway) and even had someone give me a ride to and from the hotel in their courtesy car. This was well above and beyond and I really appreciated the service. I know they probably aren't able to do that kind of stuff often, but what a nice gesture. The drivers, Ryan and Alex, were very friendly and helpful.

I hope to get a chance to go back and whether it's for business or pleasure, this is a great place in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Due to wildfires, we were evacuated to The Mining Exchange Wyndham Grand Hotel in central city Colorado Springs from The Navigators facility, Glen Eyrie (next to the Garden of the Gods) where scores of our international chaplains gathered for our annual meeting and professional development conference, We experienced gracious, professional service and qualty foods and care unlike any we have encountered previously in our extensive travels...from Alaska to Florida, Maine to California and everywhere in between in North America!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were among the first evacuees from the Waldo Canyon fire. A friend suggested the Mining Exchange, a new hotel downtown. She said the hotel not even fully open yet, with somewhere in the vicinity of 50% of the rooms complete, but she and her husband had recently eaten in the hotel restaurant and were very impressed by the lobby. I went online and grabbed a room while my husband finished packing up the car. 30 minutes later we were in a lovely, brand-new room at the hotel. The layout is well-thought-out. The finishes are high-end (nice woodwork, granite in the bathroom and a long granite desk along one wall of the room, for example). The walk-in shower layout is unique in my experience - long and rectangular, with separate "his and hers" shower heads on each end. The bedding is excellent. Nice bathroom toiletries. There are single-cup coffee makers with Emeril coffee pods. The only thing I would have liked is a mini-fridge -- there was an empty cabinet the right size, with an outlet, below the coffee area, so perhaps they plan to put some in later.

After the first night we realized we might be there awhile, so we asked if we could be moved up to a suite (and we'd be glad to pay extra). We were moved to what I'd describe as a mini-suite or a junior suite, which was one large room. The layout and amenities were almost the same as a standard room, but more spacious, allowing for a comfortable sofa in the room and a big tub in the bathroom.

Shortly after we were moved to the suite, the hotel put out an offer of $99 rooms for evacuees. The owners worked around the clock to get as many unfinished rooms as possible online in order to accommodate as many evacuees as they could. Soon the lobby was full of shell-shocked residents, their kids and their little dogs (the hotel allows dogs under 50 lbs). The staff were incredibly kind to all of us. Every interaction with the staff -- and with the owner's wife, who we met in the elevator one day -- was extremely positive.

The hotel's location is great, within easy walking distance of good restaurants and bars. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Springs Orleans restaurant, attached to the hotel, several times. My husband's family is from New Orleans and we are foodies who have often been disappointed with Colorado Springs restaurants, so we had low expectations. The food turned out to be delicious and the ambiance was wonderful. It wasn't always 100% "authentic" New Orleans cuisine, but we loved it. And again, the staff were so kind.

When we checked out, we were charged only $99 a night, even though we booked at a much higher rate AND got an upgrade to a suite. I pointed this out to the front desk and they said "you're evacuees and we're giving you the evacuee rate. We hope your house is okay!"

While being an evacuee was no fun, we are glad we had the opportunity to stay at the Mining Exchange. It was a great discovery for us and will be our go-to hotel when we need a weekend getaway or a place to recommend for friends. And we plan to become regulars at Springs Orleans.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor back of hotel, which is right over their function room and outside deck - can be noisy if there's a wedding or event going on.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at this hotel this past weekend and we could not have been more pleased with this choice. We have visited Colorado Springs 5 or 6 times over the past 2 to 3 years and we have been impressed with how vibrant the downtown area has become. This was the first time we have stayed in a downtown hotel but we plan to stay at The Mining Exchange the next time we come to town.
Check in was easy and efficient. Our room on the third floor was really unique with very tall ceilings and large windows overlooking Nevada Avenue. The bathroom was spacious with dual showers but no bathtub(the bellman relayed that there are some king bedded rooms that have a bathtub but all the two bedded rooms do not). The beds were comfortable with excellent lighting. There was an abundance of electrical outlets for devices. The large flat screen TV worked well with an excellent high def picture. Our room was serviced seamlessly twice daily.
We noted no significant outside noise despite being on the third floor on the Nevada Avenue side of the hotel.
There were two computer terminals that both worked well in the Business Center adjacent to the front desk.
We did not have a car so I can't assess what the parking arrangements for this downtown hotel are.
The staff has been exceedingly well trained and each staff member we interacted with was courteous, professional and knowledgeable. There was no problem arranging a 4:00 A.M. wake up call and to arrange for a cab to be waiting for us at the door at 4:30 A.M. to take us to COS for an early flight out on the day we departed.
This property will only enhance the wonderful experiences that one can partake of in downtown Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: I don't think that any of the rooms have a view of Pikes Peak. Our room was on Nevada Avenue but we didn't have any issues with excessive traffic noise on the third floor of this five story hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MobileResident
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at the Wyndham. Restored hotel has great location close to interesting places to walk as well as the hotel itself. The room was very nice, high quality finishings and bathroom was like a private spa. Very quiet rooms, with space for business or wireless connections.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business