“Location location location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods RV Resort
Austin, TX
“Location location location!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location! Short drive or bike ride to Old Town, Garden of the Gods, Manitou, Red Rocks Green Space, and more. Friendly, helpful staff. Views of Pikes Peak. Lots of activity with friendly vibe. Look forward to staying there again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank C W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
lafayette, co
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Beautiful. Pictures you see don't do it justice. We stayed in the Garden of the Gods Campground about a 10 minute drive away. Very convenient and nice. Plan of hiking, biking, avoiding the tourist trap of a gift shop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cantril, Iowa
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a beautiful, well maintained park. The sites are level and nicely sized and the bathroom/showers accommodations and locations seemed adequate for the park. There is a nice enclosed dog run area that was clean and convenient. Lots of wildlife (mule deer, racoons) in the early mornings and evenings. Even though it is near a very busy road, we found it to be quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yucaipa, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This exquisitely-maintained, clean, centrally located RV park is ideal for activities in the surrounding area. Wi-Fi is touchy but usually works. We called the desk about a problem with our electric pedestal and Gary, the maintenance supervisor, was Johnny-on-the-spot and repaired a seemingly difficult problem professionally, courteously, and quickly. His friendly maintenance crew is obviously up to the task of keeping this fine facility in beautiful condition. The housekeeping crew has the bathrooms and laundry sparkling clean and all the machinery and showers work fine. The only negative was a front desk mix-up in our reservations. Training people how to do their job on a busy weekend might not be the best policy. Overall this place was great with a fine bar-b-que, clean pools and hot tub. There's horseshoes and a nearby walking trail to both Manitou and Old Colorado City. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Not applicable to our visit.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 4, 2014

First...its located right next to a Marijuana Dispensary. In the one weekend we were there a kid almost drown in the pool, we heard gun shots in the middle of the night, we saw a domestic argument in a motorhome, an old lady yelled at us for having a propane campfire, raw sewage on the ground, sewer line is on the wrong side of the trailer pad, dog poo wasn't picked up, bathrooms were so-so...there will be no returning. Never again. P.S. The BBQ was great though !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Randy W
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am staying at this RV resort as I write this review. So far, I have enjoyed my stay here. I have only one complaint...not enough lighting at night. I parked my fifth wheel in one of the Executive Pull-throughs. There is just not enough lighting on this end. There could be a bear wandering around. But, with a little planning, I was able to change my schedule around so that I wasn't walking my dogs in the pitch black area at 9:30pm.
The location is perfect and is walking distance to Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs. I think the word "resort" might mislead, but after driving around and seeing some of the other RV camps, this is a resort. I was a little mislead by the website. I thought the camp was a little more remote. But, after being here for awhile, I was glad it wasn't. There were two ways to access the trail and stream that ran along side the resort. One at the front entrance to the resort, and one in the middle of the gate.
WIFI is good. It can be hard to log in sometimes, but it's not the worst I've seen.
"Bark Park" was good for my dogs. There is no grass, just gritty red dirt. My dogs adapted fine. My dogs are little yappers and seem to enjoy going out to meet other dogs.
My site had full hook ups. No problems with anything such as water being to far from the sewer hook up. I would prefer that the water and the sewer hook ups have some distance between them.
I did use the showers and the only problem that I had was that the shower stalls have no place where you can set toiletries while you are showering. I went to Wal Mart, bought an inexpensive backpack...problem settled.
There is a man that caterers meals to the camp. LiL' Howards served BBQ dinners and breakfast on different days throughout the week. Very good BBQ. Great if you're like me and don't cook. The food is real good and has a southern feel.
Overall, if I had to stay at an RV camp in Colorado Springs, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The sites are close together. You must be a good "backer" to get in these sites. If not...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night and paid about $47 for an RV, so pretty much the most expensive we've paid anywhere. Despite the camp staff being very friendly and helpful, the site that we were in had the strangest setup of electricity, water and waste, such that we could find no way to position our 27ft RV to connect to all three at once. The waste was nearly at the back of the site, and the electricity and water were right at the back, completely impractical and the only campground we've come across with this unworkable setup. Otherwise, the facilities were adequate as you would expect for the price, although there is a fair bit of road noise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#44 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Garden of the Gods RV Resort? Share your experiences!