“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We decided to stop by and have lunch at Jorge's and were pleasantly surprised. We both had enchiladas, one with green chile and one with red. Both were excellent, but the red chile had a better flavor on the meal. The best re-fried we've had in a long time and the rice was no slouch. Didn't care too much for paying for chips and salsa, but the entree prices were pretty reasonable. The salsa was pretty spicy, but had great flavor. Didn't have a margarita, but have heard they're pretty good and have a pretty kick. The service was great and if you go, ask for Steven.

• Visited December 2013

“Awesome Green Chile!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was a recommended place while we were in town for the weekend.
We were greeted by a very nice man who told us there was a 10-15 minute wait. We were ok with that since we figured a crowded restaurant was a good sign of good food.
After we were seated, it took awhile for the waitress to take our order and get our margaritas. We noticed the waitress chatting at another table which bothered us since we were hungry and also had to be somewhere in 1.5 hours and she still hadn't even taken our food order.
When we did finally get the food...WOW...what a full and great serving size. I would have liked to have had refried beans with my rice though...I guess every restaurant I've been to, that is the norm.
The burrito was DELICIOUS...green chile was DELICIOUS!!
Margaritas were typical tasting, but they sure were potent...YAH!
Also, I've never had to pay for chips and salsa before, except when we ordered a 2nd order. So when the waitress asked if we wanted some, I didn't even think it would cost us. Chips were REALLY stale tasting. And really .... salsa served in foam bowls?!?! Tacky!
Anyway, I would go again for the yummy burrito and green chile, but no on the chips/salsa.

• Visited December 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not bad but not great either”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I went because of an internet deal - $30 for $15. We ended up spending about $32 tip since I got a house margarita instead of just water. The prices were about average so the $30 went a long way. Chips and salsa were not free but $3 instead which seemed very odd. The burritos were pretty tasty and the mild truly was mild - thank you! My wife likes spice and said her food was good, too and she actually liked it better than I did. There isn't much of an atmosphere there which included some college cafeteria style tables and chairs. But the service was pretty good and the staff was helpful. If I got another $30 for $15 deal, I would go again, but probably not for full price.

• Visited November 2013
“Great Green Chili”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are visiting the shops in Old Colorado City and have an urge for Mexican food, this is a must try. Three of us ordered a mix of combination plates and a chimichanga. The food was great and the green chili smothered on it, was excellent. So much better than what most places serve. They offer red or green and they can be ordered mild, medium, and hot. My hot green chili was perfect. This chili offers some heat with flavor. The meat in your tacos, etc., is not just fried up hamburger slapped in a shell. It actually has some real good flavor and texture. Service was excellent the day I visited. In addition, the combinationplates come with Sopapillas whereas the Chimi does not. When the waitress brought out the Sopapillas, she brought out enough for all three of us. Not a lot of restaurants go that extra step. Atmosphere reflects the average sit-down Mexican restaurant. Don't hesitate to bring the kids.

• Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“over priced and over hyped”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Plain, unseasoned food...5.25 for a tostada size quesadilla and nothing else....waitstaff is friendly and on top of drink refills, etc...they are the only good thing about this restuarant.