“Not bad but not great either”
Review of Jorge's

Jorge's
Ranked #840 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I went because of an internet deal - $30 for $15. We ended up spending about $32 tip since I got a house margarita instead of just water. The prices were about average so the $30 went a long way. Chips and salsa were not free but $3 instead which seemed very odd. The burritos were pretty tasty and the mild truly was mild - thank you! My wife likes spice and said her food was good, too and she actually liked it better than I did. There isn't much of an atmosphere there which included some college cafeteria style tables and chairs. But the service was pretty good and the staff was helpful. If I got another $30 for $15 deal, I would go again, but probably not for full price.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are visiting the shops in Old Colorado City and have an urge for Mexican food, this is a must try. Three of us ordered a mix of combination plates and a chimichanga. The food was great and the green chili smothered on it, was excellent. So much better than what most places serve. They offer red or green and they can be ordered mild, medium, and hot. My hot green chili was perfect. This chili offers some heat with flavor. The meat in your tacos, etc., is not just fried up hamburger slapped in a shell. It actually has some real good flavor and texture. Service was excellent the day I visited. In addition, the combinationplates come with Sopapillas whereas the Chimi does not. When the waitress brought out the Sopapillas, she brought out enough for all three of us. Not a lot of restaurants go that extra step. Atmosphere reflects the average sit-down Mexican restaurant. Don't hesitate to bring the kids.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Plain, unseasoned food...5.25 for a tostada size quesadilla and nothing else....waitstaff is friendly and on top of drink refills, etc...they are the only good thing about this restuarant.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place was recommneded for their 'great margaritas'. So, we were disappointed to find the typical sweet and sour mix margairitas available at about any average mex food place. The bartender did improvise and make us a real margarita with fresh lime juice, but that sets you back about $13 each. The food is OK. Not great, not bad, just OK. Atmosphere is a little loud. It's a place I wouldn't avoid in the future but wouldn't necessarily be ina rush to go back.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Awesome on All counts. Every time we come it's great. Do not understand the negative reviews! Been coming here for years even before the remodel. Great food, drinks and friendly service. Love it!!