“Great Playground but outside of that it's a park”

America the Beautiful Park
Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you have kids that need to burn energy this is worth a stop. If not I would pass. We stayed in Colorado Springs for a week with lots of kids and ended up at this park a few times.

The playground was great, I haven't seen a design like this before, Kids 2-10 loved it and we spent several hours there over the course of the week.

The park links up to the bike trails which is nice.

The fountain was underwhelming for the kids, they played in it for five minutes.

We noticed in general Colorado Springs seems to have a lot of homeless. That being said they left us alone and I felt safe in the park

There are newer reviews for America the Beautiful Park

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nothing special. There are much nicer parks in town. This one is on the edge of downtown, and has a nice view of a power plant. We saw the sign and thought with a name like this, it must be impressive. I give four stars to the marketing person who came up with the name, but one star to the park itself. To be fair though, there were people there who seemed to be enjoying themselves, but it didn't do much for us.

2  Thank barkwood66
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My kiddos love this park. It is a large area with very little shade, so prepare for that. The water fountain is fun, albeit cold. The playground is pretty cool. I've never been there when it was super crowded, which is great. Only drawback is that it's not in a great part of town. That being said, I have never felt unsafe or seen much riffraff around there.

2  Thank Mitriza
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Beautiful 30 acre park with green grass, playground, picnic area, and the oddly interesting Julie Penrose Fountain that rotates, challenging photographers to capture Pikes Peak inside the sculpture. This park was established by the city in an attempt to "pretty" up the area. They succeeded! It's a great destination for a short visit/picnic to let your children run around in the green space and use up a little energy. The Julie Penrose Fountain is interesting and is supposed to represent life giving movement of water between the atmosphere and earth. The fountain part wasn't operating the day we were there, but it was still very interesting. I've seen comments about homeless people here, but we didn't see any that particular day.

2  Thank PasssionateTraveler
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is one of our favorite parks in town, especially on a hot summer day. My 6 year old loves the playground. It had fun equipment that is different from so many of the other parks. He likes to play American Ninja Warrior on the physically challenging equipment. The fountain is fun to play in on a hot summer day. We even had his birthday party at this park a couple of years ago. Only downside is the amount of homeless people in the park. They normally leave you alone though.

3  Thank Corey89