“Excellent Stay at the StayBridge”

Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I got to tell you all, this is a very nice place to stay and have a small business meeting at.

Let me begin by stating that the staff are all really great, they were always very helpful and accomodating. I had minor room issues and these nice gals had it looked at right away.

I had a studio suite which was smaller than what I'm used to at StayBridge, but I was by myself and it really didn't matter.

The AC had minor problems as at times in the evening the room was too warm, but as mentioned, I brought this up on day 2 and someone took care of it by the time I got into my room later that evening.

We were given the use of the hotel's conference room, which has wired and wireless Internet access, it also had a polycom phone for phone conferences. The room also included it's own whiteboard and projector screen (inside white board cabinet) and it's own climate control. The room was at the main lobby floor (#2) and within easy range of the breakfast area and coffee.

The views are incredible. There is plenty of options to eat and drink as you have a fine dining Mexican restaurant, Hooters, Old Chicago, Outback Steakhouse and TGIF all near by within walking distance. There is also a Shell Circle K convenience store at the corner of the main intersection.

The minor problems I'm going to discuss here shortly are not enough to keep me away from returning here. The staff made it worth coming back.

At night, I tried to sleep with the cool breeze coming in through my window...bad mistake as the railroad is nearby and trains seem to run every hour on the hour from 9p-4a??. Close the window and let the AC cool down the room.

If you have a room facing west (towards the mountains) make sure you close the window shades to keep the sun from coming in at the evening. Returning back to the room after 4-5p the room was very warm and it took the AC a while to cool it down, but you close the shades and hopefully the cleaning staff don't open them for you.

Evening sun-downers were dry...I really enjoyed having Hooters Wings on Tuesday night, apparently the local Hooters gives the hotel free wings for us to enjoy. Only problem is that this StayBridge does not offer free beer. They have free pop, but if you want beer you need to go elsewhere, or bring it down from your fridge that is in your room (provided you already did a beer run before hand).

Overall this was an excellent location. My fellow colleagues really enjoyed it and we may come back again to this place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Mondo5280

Reviewed June 4, 2008

I'm very surprised at the negative reviews here; it sounds like I was in a different hotel than those reviewers. I stayed 4 nights in late May 2008. We had two rooms on the 4th floor, one smoking, one non-smoking. The smoking room was a 2-room suite with 2 double beds, the non-smoking was a one-room suite with one very comfortable King bed and a view of the mountains and Pike's Peak. Rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable and well-equipped with kitchenette, large refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove, and all the necessary dishes and utensils, etc, plus hair dryer, iron and ironing board, laundry basket (with free laundry on 2nd floor). Room was quiet, and well-kept by housekeeping (light service provided-- they made the beds and replaced towels daily; you get more thorough service if you stay 7 days or more). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Small convenience store in lobby was reasonably priced. Complimentary breakfast buffet was ample and good quality, with omelets, bacon/sausage, waffle iron, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, breads, muffins, bagels, etc. Seating at breakfast was somewhat limited, but you had the option to take it to go. The day we checked out they even allowed us to fill a bag to go while they were still setting up, since we had to leave very early to get to the airport. Complimentary "dinner" buffet Tues through Thursday evenings, which we did not try, but the selection looked good. Business center had 2 computers with free Internet access and fax machine. I believe in-room Wi-Fi was complimentary as well. Complimentary newspapers in the lobby. TV had lots of channel options. Pool, basketball court and gazebo w/ BBQ in back appeared clean and well-taken care of, but we did not use any of these. Parking was ample behind the hotel, well-lighted and safe. Located just off I-25 just south of the AF Academy south entrance, and close to the shops at Briargate, which includes several restaurants (California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs, etc). Easy drive to Garden of the Gods, 7 Falls , Air Force Academy and Pike's Peak Highway. Short walking distance to a Circle K convenience store, Outback Steakhouse, TGIFridays and Old Chicago restaurants. Running/biking trail behind the hotel. My one complaint is that the windows in the room only opened about 4 inches each (for safety reasons I presume), and I would have liked to open them fully for fresh air. However the "fan" feature on the a/c cooled the room sufficiently. Blackout drapes helped block the sun in afternoon/evening. Hotel is pet friendly. Overall it was a great stay; government rate is excellent, especially considering all the complimentary services on the property, however it would be a reasonable value even at full price ($140/night at time of my booking). I would recommend it to anyone for a short-term or long-term stay.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank jessdeutschland
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We were greeted with a greeting package (full of snacks) from the front desk. They offered us bottled waters when we checked in and also when we checked out. The front desk was very helpful and friendly.
Very nice hotel. On certain weeknights a lite dinner is included in stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimt20
Reviewed February 10, 2008

This stay was absolutely horrid! We had problems with our room, the rooms keys would NEVER work. We asked to speak to the manager and the front desk would not let us. We were finally told the man at the front desk was the owner! He was outright rude and at one point started yelling at people. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Dragon28
Reviewed November 16, 2007

Stayed 3 nights at the hotel. We couldn't fault it, the suite was one large living /kitchen area with separate bedroom / bathroom area that could be shut off from living space. Clean room and no noise from adjacent rooms. Business room with printers, copier and PCs to use plus WiFi access. Good extensive breakfast bar and free evening hot snacks / drinks during week. Friendly and helpful staff. Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank illshaw
Reviewed December 10, 2006

I booked this package through the airlines. When I arrived at the property, I used a different credit card for my incidentals. Staybridge charged my incidentals credit card for the full amount of my stay, in addition to what they had been paid by the airline. The manager made a statement that they had no indication from the airline that it had been paid...yet the rental car company that came with the package had the info and did not charge my card. It tells me the person at the front desk (who was chatting with a friend when I walked in) either didnt pay attention, or did not know what she was doing. I will commend that the manager did work with my credit card company to reverse the charge as soon as I advised her of the problem. A few other lackluster things about my stay...my window lock was broken, I reported it, and it was never fixed. I took a shower at 7 each morning for a week, and the water was lukewarm at best, with poor water pressure. It had snowed, and had been plowed, but there was still ice on the steep driveway into the property, I set up an auto wakeup call through the phone that never called (thank goodness I also set the alarm clock). I am a frequent Staybridge traveler, and found this particular trip very disappointing.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank SurpriseTraveler
Reviewed December 23, 2004

Loved it loved it loved it. Kinda hidden behind a Holiday Inn Express, it looks over a little stream and towards the mountains. The lobby and common area had a sort of ski lodge thing happening. This one property has me sold on the chain. That's how much I liked it. Room was plenty big. You might want to ask for a room on the top floor. I sense that you can hear steps on the floor.

7  Thank Layover