“Decent Sushi”

Sushi Rakkyo
Ranked #386 of 1,457 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I really enjoy the flavors of Rakkyo. The Volcano roll is amazing. I do agree that the rice seems to be very heavy and makes up the majority of the rolls. However, the food is really good and the service has always been excellent for us.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Rakkyo

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a very nice lunch (allyoucaneat sushi) for a reasonable price.

It included nigiri, many rolls (I could actually taste the filling), several appetizers and even meat and fish entrees. Everything tasted fresh and made to order.

Service was impeccable. The view of the mountains definitely adds to the elegant ambience.

Great option for sushi cravings!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

6-3-14 from 1330 - 1430 my son (11), in laws and I were in Rakkyo. There were two waitresses in a busboy working the tables. The restaurant was only half-full but it was obvious that the waitresses were frazzled. After a bout five minutes we finally had to ask the busboy for some water. After another five minutes we wound up having to ask for menus. About five minutes after that the waitress finally brought menus over drop them off and walked away. And this was the good part of the experience. Our waitress was approximately 50 years old Asian female who was very rude. When my son was finally able to get her attention she came over to the table and said "what you want". We then ordered the food came in was good as usual but upon getting the food the waitress brought us a Nother all-you-can-eat menu and advised us that it was our last chance to order before 2 o'clock because all-you-can-eat sushi stopped at 2 o'clock. She told us that if we did not order our next round. before two that we would have to pay dinner prices. We tried to get an explanation on her reasoning at which time she acted like she did not understand English and just said that's the way it is. During the entire experience she failed to bring to seafood and vegetable tempura's and my son ordered an extra bowl of miso to which she acknowledge but never brought it over. The busboy was 10 times the waitress is our waitress was. The waitress seemed angry and resentful and seemed annoyed that my 11-year-old son was even talking to her. I used to go there regularly and usually set at the sushi bar but I do not think I will ever go back Norwill the rest of my family. It's a shame that one bad waitress can run a restaurant but she did.

3  Thank Matt H
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Terrible sushi. This is NOT Japanese sushi. I will never go to this one again.My family and I love sushi and disappointed is the word on this one.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I ate here yesterday and will never go back. First, the place is cheap on their sushi--for example, our tuna roll was about 2" in diameter but only had a slice of tuna smaller than a pencil in the middle. That was typical--more rice than most other places we've been and less fish. The server came back three times to confirm our initial order and still only brought the tempura we ordered after our second round on the all you can eat when I asked about it--the edamame we ordered never showed up. The white tuna nigiri was so fishy as to be inedible, generally indicating an inferior quality fish. When we got the bill, they'd overcharged us by $10 each; the all-you-can-eat lunch is supposed to be $14.95 but was billed at $24.95. They changed the bill, but only because we pointed it out. Finally, our server apparently left work right after she delivered our bill. We waited for over 10 minutes before finally getting someone else to check us out. For the same price, you can get much better service, much better quality sushi, and a much more enjoyable experience for an all-you-can-eat lunch nearby at Mobo Sushi on Academy near Vickers (see my review of that place for more information).

1  Thank FantomDriver