“Value”

Sushi Rakkyo
Ranked #386 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Terrible sushi. This is NOT Japanese sushi. I will never go to this one again.My family and I love sushi and disappointed is the word on this one.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I ate here yesterday and will never go back. First, the place is cheap on their sushi--for example, our tuna roll was about 2" in diameter but only had a slice of tuna smaller than a pencil in the middle. That was typical--more rice than most other places we've been and less fish. The server came back three times to confirm our initial order and still only brought the tempura we ordered after our second round on the all you can eat when I asked about it--the edamame we ordered never showed up. The white tuna nigiri was so fishy as to be inedible, generally indicating an inferior quality fish. When we got the bill, they'd overcharged us by $10 each; the all-you-can-eat lunch is supposed to be $14.95 but was billed at $24.95. They changed the bill, but only because we pointed it out. Finally, our server apparently left work right after she delivered our bill. We waited for over 10 minutes before finally getting someone else to check us out. For the same price, you can get much better service, much better quality sushi, and a much more enjoyable experience for an all-you-can-eat lunch nearby at Mobo Sushi on Academy near Vickers (see my review of that place for more information).

1  Thank FantomDriver
Reviewed February 15, 2014

When my husband and I went last night the food tasted very bad. This is not Japanese Sushi. Sushi means vinegar flavored rice… The rice was dry and hard, they can fix rice another time, but do not use proper ingredients. We ordered combination with roll. Spicy tuna roll was mazui if you have to choose Califonia was not as bad. I am sad they call it Sushi, it is embarrass for Japan. Our waitress was kind and fast but the food was terrible. Maybe this is ok place for young people, but was too loud with TV for me and my husband. They do not have to be Japanese person, but please do a good job. It seems like sushi is fashion in Colorado now so many shop can open, but this is just pretend sushi. Please be careful to fine a nice place.

2  Thank Jfood S
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A friend recommended this restaurant because of the all you can eat sushi. For dinner it's $25, which didn't seems like a bad deal. And I suppose it's not bad, except the sushi was just OK. It's not that the fish wasn't fresh, but something just didn't work. And we tried many things, and many of them were just kind of blah. They did look pretty though. And the service was pretty good. The restaurant was also VERY cold. I just wouldn't go back there.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I loved this place! Sushi selection was nice, and the value foe the money was excellent. We came here as a family and enjoyed it very much. Had soups, salads, tempura, sushi and rolls. Everything was great quality and very yummy. Can't wait to go back!